Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Thank you, Clusterfrack. I use CGW firing pin retaining pins in all my P07 and P09s. I also use an oring for dry fire. I gave up trying to find factory recoil springs and just now switched to CGW set up like you suggest. Good to hear the side stops hold up with a little grease. I will just keep an eye out for them without worrying.

Sights

Excited to get the P09 and P07 milled for a 509 at Stonebridge… clusterfrack what sites did you go with on your set up? It looks like the irons are bottom eighth or so which is what I am looking for so hoping you could share what they are?

Just a parts-breakage update, FWIW. I decided to detail strip my P07 earlier this week and give it a thorough cleaning. For some reason, I decided to actually take out the steel inserts in the rear and in the trigger area. When I knocked out the roll pin holding in the steel insert in the trigger area, I found the roll pin was broken in half. I had not previously removed the pin or messed with the insert at all. The gun's still under warranty (I think it's about 3 1/2 years old), and CZ is sending me a new pin for free without any issues. I had no symptoms that I was aware of.

This gun has something like 10-12000 rounds on it, and more dry fires than that, and for all I know the gun would have run for another 10000 rounds without any issues with the old pin in there. I don't know if these pins need to be added to Clusterfrack's list from the last page, or if I just got a rogue pin. I suspect the latter.

In other news, this was the first time I've taken out the CGW firing pin retaining pin since I installed it maybe 6000 rounds (and way more dry fires) ago, and it still looks brand new. I do almost always fire with a snap cap.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    ...When I knocked out the roll pin holding in the steel insert in the trigger area, I found the roll pin was broken in half.
    Very interesting. Thanks for this update. Can you post a close-up picture of the broken pin? I'm curious about the failure mode of this part.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBaird View Post
    Excited to get the P09 and P07 milled for a 509 at Stonebridge… clusterfrack what sites did you go with on your set up? It looks like the irons are bottom eighth or so which is what I am looking for so hoping you could share what they are?
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this, @TylerBaird. I missed your post. (If I don't respond to questions, please bug me by PM or use a callout: @Clusterfrack).

The irons are from Stonebridge, and I had them set up as "Lowest rear, with low front so POI is in center of optic window". This set is:
    Front iron: Dawson CZ P09 0.330T/0.100W
    Rear iron: Dawson Glock 0.305T/0.125W

Note that few people set their BUIS up like this. The standard approach is to cowitness the irons and the dot. Instead, I prefer to have the same index with irons and dot and not have to adjust how I hold the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Very interesting. Thanks for this update. Can you post a close-up picture of the broken pin? I'm curious about the failure mode of this part.
    I am sorry, but I can't get my phone to send pictures to my email. I am very 1987. I can text you a picture if you'd like, though it's fairly low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I am sorry, but I can't get my phone to send pictures to my email. I am very 1987. I can text you a picture if you'd like, though it's fairly low quality.
    Did it break at a joint between insert and frame? Do the broken ends show bending, or compression? Any rust?

How easy was the pin to remove?

About 1/3 broke off and although I can't say for sure it is possible that it was at a joint. The break is fairly sharp, no bending or compression I can see, just like it snapped in two. No rust. It was pretty easy to remove, no force or anything. Just the same as tapping out the roll pin for the rear insert.

After a brief experiment with striker fired, I just picked up an additional pair of P-07's. I'm not sure if they're actually better or if I'm better now, but the triggers are much better than I remember my previous three P-07/09s being. They're heavy-ish, but smooth enough that I'm in no hurry to upgrade it. I added Dawson FO sights and they're gtg for me.

I'm also going to take a grinder to dehorn the top corner of hammers. I asked CGW about a low profile hammer that's more suitable for carry. They replied back that they did a run of them and nobody bought them.

Name:  91000-New-1.jpeg
Views: 520
Size:  34.8 KB
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this, @TylerBaird. I missed your post. (If I don't respond to questions, please bug me by PM or use a callout: @Clusterfrack).

The irons are from Stonebridge, and I had them set up as "Lowest rear, with low front so POI is in center of optic window". This set is:
    Front iron: Dawson CZ P09 0.330T/0.100W
    Rear iron: Dawson Glock 0.305T/0.125W

Note that few people set their BUIS up like this. The standard approach is to cowitness the irons and the dot. Instead, I prefer to have the same index with irons and dot and not have to adjust how I hold the pistol.

It's gonna be a great set up...Thank you so much @Clusterfrack!

-Tyler

User Tag List