Page 61 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Has anyone gotten a Staccato R yet? The P gets a lot of love but as far as 1911s go, I still have an indelible soft spot for single stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I am getting real curious about the C2. Aluminum frame, 4" barrel. I love the size and wieght of my Glock 19s, and I wonder how this would stack up by comparison.
    I picked up a C2 and sent the slide off to have it milled for the Trijicon 1911/2011 RMR plate because... it was cheaper to go this route vs the DUO version and included tritium sights, the RMR sits slightly lower on the slide vs the thicker DUO RMR plate, and I didn't have to wait until a C2 DUO became available (there were none available when I picked up the C2).

I am still getting used to the 2011 (my first one), but it is quickly becoming my favorite carry gun (the CZ P-07 is still my all-time favorite!). The weight of the gun and the recoil feels the same to me when compared to a Glock 19 or CZ P-07... just gotta remember to click off that safety when drawing the gun.

Name:  20200219_081406.jpg
Views: 3481
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  IG_20200218b.jpg
Views: 4428
Size:  100.6 KB

One problem I had with the C2 is that the 126mm and 120mm magazines are really easy to push past the mag catch on slide lock reloads and they bang into the bottom of the ejector, so I picked up some factory plastic 140mm base pads which work great as an overtravel stop for the 126mm mags, and I also trimmed some down to 0.285" to work as overtravel stops on the 120mm magazines. I know that Dawson makes a 2011 mag catch to eliminate this, but it's not compatible with the new G2 grip module.

Name:  126mm_basepad.jpg
Views: 2208
Size:  91.2 KB

Name:  120mm_basepad.jpg
Views: 1928
Size:  95.3 KB
    Last edited by BrazeauRacing; 02-26-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    Chuck Brazeau

Quote Originally Posted by BrazeauRacing View Post
    I picked up a C2 and sent the slide off to have it milled for the Trijicon 1911/2011 RMR plate because... it was cheaper to go this route vs the DUO version and included tritium sights, the RMR sits slightly lower on the slide vs the thicker DUO RMR plate, and I didn't have to wait until a C2 DUO became available (there were none available when I picked up the C2).

I am still getting used to the 2011 (my first one), but it is quickly becoming my favorite carry gun (the CZ P-07 is still my all-time favorite!). The weight of the gun and the recoil feels the same to me when compared to a Glock 19 or CZ P-07... just gotta remember to click off that safety when drawing the gun.

One problem I had with the C2 is that the 126mm and 120mm magazines are really easy to push past the mag catch on slide lock reloads and they bang into the bottom of the ejector, so I picked up some factory plastic 140mm base pads which work great as an overtravel stop for the 126mm mags, and I also trimmed some down 0.0285" to work as overtravel stops on the 120mm magazines. I know that Dawson makes a 2011 mag catch to eliminate this, but it's not compatible with the new G2 grip module.

I have been considering the C2 a lot. Can I ask who did your milling work and how much? I was thinking about trying the new Holosun 507K though. I have time because I have to wait for my State to approve the new models for sale.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    I have been considering the C2 a lot. Can I ask who did your milling work and how much? I was thinking about trying the new Holosun 507K though. I have time because I have to wait for my State to approve the new models for sale.
    I sent the slide to Vulcan Machine Werks in Plano, TX. They have a "Staccato" package which includes the Trijicon 1911/2011 plate and matching front sight, fitting of the new front sight, and Cerakote refinishing for $400.
    Chuck Brazeau

I sent the slide to Vulcan Machine Werks in Plano, TX. They have a "Staccato" package which includes the Trijicon 1911/2011 plate and matching front sight, fitting of the new front sight, and Cerakote refinishing for $400.
    Thank you, sir!

Whoa, that is a slick setup. Sometime this century I will have a non-duo Staccato P and its nice to see this option available, if I decide on the RDS path later.

Can anyone speak to what happens to the DLC coated slide when it’s prepped and then cerakoted? DLC is a good thing and I wonder if it gets blasted off, or just lightly sanded and the cerakoate applied on top?

I attended my local dealer’s STI event with their representative. She had the 4.4” P, the C Duo, the C2 standard, the XL, and the XC. Surprisingly I didn’t really like the C2. The C2 grip felt too crowded and small for my hands and didn’t seem that much smaller than the P. I liked the grip and feel of the 4.4”, but the XC really spoke to me. Unfortunately I will be figuring out how to pay for a XC now. At least I have some time until it is approved for sale in my state. Time to keep buying mags, I guess, LOL.

Posted elsewhere but bears repeating

Dcv-P is magic.

One problem I had with the C2 is that the 126mm and 120mm magazines are really easy to push past the mag catch on slide lock reloads and they bang into the bottom of the ejector, so I picked up some factory plastic 140mm base pads which work great as an overtravel stop for the 126mm mags, and I also trimmed some down to 0.285" to work as overtravel stops on the 120mm magazines. I know that Dawson makes a 2011 mag catch to eliminate this, but it's not compatible with the new G2 grip module.

Is the grip of th C2 noticeably fatter than the Glock? I'm trying to convince myself to not buy one but it's hard...

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    Is the grip of th C2 noticeably fatter than the Glock? I'm trying to convince myself to not buy one but it's hard...
    It is a little bigger than a Gen4/Gen5 without a full length backstrap installed, but it is similar to my Gen3 RTF2 grip.
    Chuck Brazeau

User Tag List