Page 34 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

I'm very excited for the .32 revival. I really hope this is the push needed to bring the .32 family into the mainstream. I've said it over and over again, a lightweight .32 snub would be the best carry gun for the vast majority of gun owners, and I dont think I have to explain why in this forum. As much as I like my g42, it does require a perfect grip to perform reliably and I could see myself fudging the grip in a highly stressful situation. My EDC journey has been going on for 15yrs and this is the first time I've ever been excited for a new gun. The older I get, the more I tend to prefer snubs for small guns and double stack Glocks for large guns, simple as. We can only hope that Smith makes this a regular model. Great job to all involved with this project.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Vision is different from person to person so in terms of the sights, marginal gains are a subjective matter.
    Oh, I know it. I have been wearing bifocals for years, and have been going through vision changes almost every year for a while.

Just running through my list of reasons I’m trying to talk myself out of needing to buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by RustWins View Post
    I'm very excited for the .32 revival. I really hope this is the push needed to bring the .32 family into the mainstream. I've said it over and over again, a lightweight .32 snub would be the best carry gun for the vast majority of gun owners, and I dont think I have to explain why in this forum. As much as I like my g42, it does require a perfect grip to perform reliably and I could see myself fudging the grip in a highly stressful situation. My EDC journey has been going on for 15yrs and this is the first time I've ever been excited for a new gun. The older I get, the more I tend to prefer snubs for small guns and double stack Glocks for large guns, simple as. We can only hope that Smith makes this a regular model. Great job to all involved with this project.
    Rust wins, ain’t that the truth. Yeah I’m seeing that logic too in my 6th decade. With room for 1911s.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It just seems like an antiquated way of doing business.

When you don't evolve you don't survive. That applies to most things in life.

Guess thats a testament to the utility of the j-frame design.
    Most people who buy guns do not shoot them.

Most people who shoot them do not shoot them much or shoot them well.

You have to dig pretty deep to hit the person who is skilled enough and committed enough to want a J frame with sights and a better trigger enough to pay for it. Especially in a market that's largely defined by the J frame competing against the Taurus revolver next to it in the cabinet that's $100 cheaper.

This is a big deal to a very small number of people.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yeah, well. And the ghost of my travsils with a new 66-8 haunt me and so I mull over buying a LCR or…..
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

You have to dig pretty deep to hit the person who is skilled enough and committed enough to want a J frame with sights and a better trigger enough to pay for it. Especially in a market that's largely defined by the J frame competing against the Taurus revolver next to it in the cabinet that's $100 cheaper.

I think this is spot on the money and largely the reason I'm really hesitant to jump on the 32 wagon, as much as I believe it would live up to expectations...what are the odds that the corporate ammo manufacturers are going to ramp up and adequately fill the market with ample ammo supply and variey because S&W, Ruger, Tarus crank out 25000 or even 50000 32 caliber guns of which only a fraction will buy more than a couple of boxes, not to mention the global demand for ammo and components. I'm still on the fence for a 32

I hope we can sell out the first run quickly enough to make a second and third run economically feasible.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I get what you're saying. It's just that what ever I'm doing the driving factor is always trying to do it better and make it better. It's just the way I'm wired and it's hard for me to comprehend how a business cannot operate with a similar foundational principle.

However it seems the driving factor for a lot of business is just trying to make more money vs making their product better. That's just a real hurdle for me.
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 01-28-2024 at 07:03 PM.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    When you don't evolve you don't survive. That applies to most things in life.

Guess that's a testament to the utility of the j-frame design.
    If you're selling everything you can push out the door, why bother working on new products?

(Boeing? Are your ears burning?)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, and most of them are in this thread.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I think this is spot on the money and largely the reason I'm really hesitant to jump on the 32 wagon, as much as I believe it would live up to expectations...what are the odds that the corporate ammo manufacturers are going to ramp up and adequately fill the market with ample ammo supply and variey because S&W, Ruger, Tarus crank out 25000 or even 50000 32 caliber guns of which only a fraction will buy more than a couple of boxes, not to mention the global demand for ammo and components. I'm still on the fence for a 32
    A few boxes of S&B .32 wadcutters will do most buyers nicely for years. On the rounds/year scale, most people here are on the right to really-far-right side of the axis.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List