Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good gun belt.

As mentioned already, the Wilderness Tactical belts are really good, but for normal looking belts also look at Daltech Force. They have a lot of options.

https://www.daltechforce.com/collect...ing-collection

I have been using a Super Bio belt and it is nice. Be aware the finish scratches easily, though.

I’m old school on belts. Don Hume; B109 leather belt. Over ten years of use now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    As mentioned already, the Wilderness Tactical belts are really good, but for normal looking belts also look at Daltech Force. They have a lot of options.

https://www.daltechforce.com/collect...ing-collection

I have been using a Super Bio belt and it is nice. Be aware the finish scratches easily, though.
    I used one of these for four years, and I think they are great belts. They definitely hold up better than any other belt I've ever owned (aside from the scratches). Daltech doesn't make the Super Bio in brown anymore, but Bullhide belts does! In my opinion, these are a little too stiff for AIWB. They work for that application, but the belt seems to stick out more over the gun than my Graith or Wilderness belts. Also, the buckle seems to take up a lot of space. For 3-4 o'clock OWB, it's a great option though.

Looking for a good gun belt.

Well, I’m torn between the kore tactical belt and the frequent flyer belt. Does anybody have any opinions between these two belts as far as stiffness and comfort? I’ve watched quite a bit of videos on the kore and quite frankly, I’ve yet to hear anything bad about them. I haven’t heard anything negative on the frequent flyer belt but honestly, there’s not as many videos I’ve found regarding them.

But I’m really liking that ratcheting adjustment on the kore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by corneileous; 10-24-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Well, I’m torn between the kore tactical belt and the frequent flyer belt. Does anybody have any opinions between these two belts as far as stiffness and comfort? I’ve watched quite a bit of videos on the kore and quite frankly, I’ve yet to hear anything bad about them. I haven’t heard anything negative on the frequent flyer belt but honestly, there’s not as many videos I’ve found regarding them.

Kore is a made in China golf belt with a pot metal buckle I've seen for sale at Ross under another brand name for $15. Probably the same factory.

Since nobody golfs anymore they peddle them to the budget conscious ccw crowd. Send some to social media influencers with some sort of quid pro quo arrangement for an infomercial masquerading as a review, be cheaper than an American made competing product and bam, thousands sold.

Kore Essentials Trakline

Attachment 43987
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 10-24-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Kore is a made in China golf belt with a pot metal buckle I've seen for sale at Ross under another brand name for $15. Probably the same factory.

Since nobody golfs anymore they peddle them to the budget conscious ccw crowd. Send some to social media influencers with some sort of quid pro quo arrangement for an infomercial masquerading as a review, be cheaper than an American made competing product and bam, thousands sold.

Kore Essentials Trakline

Attachment 43987
    Hmm, maybe it’s just me but the one you pictured looks like the cheap knock-off version of the Kore. And they say their buckles are either alloy or stainless steel. But yes, even though they’re designed in San Diego, they openly admit they are mage in Asia which is kind of a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Hmm, maybe it’s just me but the one you pictured looks like the cheap knock-off version of the Kore. And they say their buckles are either alloy or stainless steel.
    How you're able to discern the quality of one Chinese belt from another Chinese belt you haven't seen or handled is impressive.

Per their website the buckles are made from "zinc alloy", which is pot metal.

You can buy an American made gun belt from a dozen makers for $100 that will last a decade or more. I'm typing this wearing a Beltman gun belt I've owned for 15 years. This weekend I'll be in a class wearing an Area Gear Aegis I've owned for 5 years. I don't regret spending $100 on each of them, and I'm sure they'll outlast any Chinese belt costing 40% less.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    You can buy an American made gun belt from a dozen makers for $100 that will last a decade or more. I'm typing this wearing a Beltman gun belt I've owned for 15 years. This weekend I'll be in a class wearing an Area Gear Aegis I've owned for 5 years. I don't regret spending $100 on each of them, and I'm sure they'll outlast any Chinese belt costing 40% less.
    I read that as "Batman" belt at first .

I agree. It's tempting to cheap out on belts and holsters, and save your money for more guns (or whatever), but a little more $ goes a long way. A good belt will last longer and work better. Chinese knockoffs look operator as fuck, but the ones I've seen are only good for airsoft or mall ninjas.

For OWB, you belt needs to be stiffer than for AIWB. Ares Gear is good to go, although I don't like the Aegis buckle personally.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    C,

I have to tell you, you do not make this easy. You ask a question, a CLEAR trend emerges and you refuse to accept it. When you use the "Google Custom Search Box" in the upper left and put in the word 'Kore", you get 28 hits. When you put in "Wilderness" you get 1300+.

If you want to bet your life on a system being held up by a potmetal ratchet belt, cast and made in China-go for it. It is, in fact, a bad idea relative to any Wilderness Belt, 3 stitch, 5 stitch, polymer lined, any color, width or buckle, period. end of subject. full stop.

You have been given multiple 90+% solutions re guns, holsters, belts, pants, shirts etc.

You are getting your hardware chains all wrapped around the axle when you should be spending your time/talent/treasure on solving the software issues.

Let's cut to the chase:

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch circle at 3 yards in under 2 seconds, COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, and do a FAST Test in under 10 seconds, COLD, every time with no points down?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, taking a big step off line and hit an 8 inch circle at 5 yards, with 5 rounds, in under 4 secs., COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch plate at 10 yrds, at will, COLD, every time with no time constraints?( bang, tink, bang, tink, bang, tink etc.)

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and shoot a 5 shoot group at 5 yrds that you can cover with a credit card, COLD, every time?

Have you taken any formal training beyond a CCW class in the last 24 months?

get past the hardware/focus on the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I read that as "Batman" belt at first .

I agree. It's tempting to cheap out on belts and holsters, and save your money for more guns (or whatever), but a little more $ goes a long way. A good belt will last longer and work better. Chinese knockoffs look operator as fuck, but the ones I've seen are only good for airsoft or mall ninjas.

For OWB, you belt needs to be stiffer than for AIWB. Ares Gear is good to go, although I don't like the Aegis buckle personally.
    Up until now, I didn’t know they were made over there.

But I did take a look at that Ares Ranger Lite belt that i don’t. Think nobody mentioned.

But yeah, I don’t care for that Aegis buckle either. My current CrossBreed belt has that and it sucks. I liked it at first because of its very very fine adjustability like the kore belt but that buckle is so bulky and since my CB belt is a lot more flimsy than I thought which, to be honest, I never knew to or how to check it for good rigidity but since it’s so flimsy, I have to suck it down fairly tight making it quite uncomfortable.

I dunno, maybe that belt with it’s different...

User Tag List