Page 48 of 680 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Everyone getting out of these and I still want one.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ber1301TAC View Post
    Yup thanks to this thread I traded away my 1301 I hope to get a Benelli m2 or m4 in the future. I wish Beretta would have acknowledged the problem and offered a fix.
    We do offer screen name changes here at pistol-forum
    Last edited by Luke; 10-23-2015 at 02:21 AM. Reason: I forgot a whole word? How do you do that? An important word too.

If it makes you guys feel better, I've still got mine, and I still like it.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I too am looking for a good deal on one to use for a bird gun

Finally got around to installing a Mesa Tactical stock on my 1301 (due to old wrist injuries, straight stocks hurt me) and getting it and my M4 out to the range for some "oranges to oranges" side by side comparisons.
    The 1301 is the better shotgun in every way except when it comes to avoiding Murphy.
    The 1301 was consistently faster to the first shot, faster on followup shots and just as accurate as my M4.

At 12 yards, 12" square steel target, #1 Federal LE132-1B Buckshot, start from low ready, safety engaged, 5 shots, 100% hits.
    The 1301 was consistently around 1.85 seconds with the first shot in the .90 range and .22 splits.
    The M4 was consistently around 2.10 seconds with the first shot around 1.1 and .24 splits.
    The 1301 is just quicker to accelerate, stop, recover the sights and the safety is much faster to disengage.

At 25 yards both shotguns were putting all 15 pellets in the upper 1/2 of the A zone on a USPSA target.
    At 50 yards both shotguns were putting 12-13 out of 15 pellets on USPSA paper.

I really enjoy shooting the 1301 and find it faster and easier to run than the M4.
    But when I got back to the house the M4 was loaded and placed in the bedroom quick access safe and the 1301 was put in the storage safe.
    That damn Murphy taunting shell release lock-down just kills an otherwise awesome shotgun for me.
    Last edited by JodyH; 10-25-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

An M2 gives you 1301 speed/handling, plus reliability in function.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Jody, is 1301 a Tactical or Comp model? I want to send you modified lifter to try out.
    Tactical
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    An M2 gives you 1301 speed/handling, plus reliability in function.
    With the added bonus of inertia driven detached retina recoil.
    I like my gas autos, I'm a wuss in my old age.

I found the biggest time difference to the first shot was disengaging the safety, and the M2 and M4 share the same safety.
    The splits were close enough to almost be a wash.
    Transitions were slightly faster on the 1301 but tracking a single mover was the same.
    Last edited by JodyH; 10-25-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Can someone explain what the issue is with the 1301's shell release?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Can someone explain what the issue is with the 1301's shell release?
    I'm sure someone else can do a better job, but I'll try. The bolt lever (under the ejection port) serves two functions. The main function is after your last round is fired, your bolt will lock to the rear. The bolt lever will stick out a little. You push it down/forward to release the bolt.

When the bolt is closed, if you rock the lever backwards and/or push the rear of the lever down, it moves the shell stop out of the way. If you push the lifter up (though the loading port) and rock the bolt lever backwards, the lifer will be out of the way and you will be able to release one shell at a time and manually unload the gun without running every shell through the chamber. The problem is, if the bolt lever is rocked backward/pushed down at the rear when the lifter is NOT pushed up (i.e. if you bump it off of a corner, piece of cover, etc) it'll move the shell stop. Since the lifter is DOWN, the shells will go into the receiver. I say shells, because 2 shells will move past the shell stop.

If you run the bolt, you'll empty your chamber, but the magazine spring is driving multiple shells into the rear of the receiver. You can't move the lifter, because one of the shells is partially on the lifter, partially still in the magazine tube, so it blocks it from moving. There's a couple ways to kind of clear it. The fast easy ways require tools, the slow painful ways can be done with your hands, but it SUCKS.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

User Tag List