Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official FloridaMan/Woman thread

Florida Man is like the cockroach. Its kind cannot be eliminated.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Texans light cigarettes while pumping gas. Once, decades ago, while in a hardware store that sold dynamite, I overheard the clerk tell a recent purchaser not to forget to take his case of it out of the car trunk. He advised the customer that nitroglycerin fumes would give him a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic and thinking they must have lids for the buckets...but there doesnt seem to be any evidence of that.
    The buckets is "Florid Man's" rig have lids on them. I've hauled fuel this way, but it was diesel. It was all I had at the time and I needed fuel for a piece of equipment way in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The buckets is "Florid Man's" rig have lids on them. I've hauled fuel this way, but it was diesel. It was all I had at the time and I needed fuel for a piece of equipment way in the woods.
    Right you are.

I didnt see them before on my computer, I zoomed it after your post, you can see the white spout in the lid.

I wouldnt worry about transporting fuel that way if I had to. They sell all sorts of solvents in similar buckets, though I diont know how they rate them for different solvent types. So long as the lid had a spout you could pour it OK. Probably wouldnt store it long term if it could be avoided, but if a choice between no fuel and home depot buckets with lids....

Im guessing real gas cans are long gone sold out in that event.
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-03-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Right you are.

I didnt see them before on my computer, I zoomed it after your post, you can see the white spout in the lid.

I wouldnt worry about transporting fuel that way if I had to. They sell all sorts of solvents in similar buckets, though I diont know how they rate them for different solvent types. So long as the lid had a spout you could pour it OK. Probably wouldnt store it long term if it could be avoided, but if a choice between no fuel and home depot buckets with lids....

I'm guessing real gas cans are long gone sold out in that event.
    I'm pretty sure Home Depot uses the same supplier that I do for my hardware store.. Leaktite... I know that Leaktite has Lowes and Depot buckets in their displays at our buying shows. I don't recall if there were different grades, but the ones I get will hold gasoline over 5 years without issue. That's how long the one in my Stihl chainsaw shop has been receiving waste gasoline on a continuous basis for at least 5 years. We mix it with our waste oil once it gets full, but it has had gas in it every day for that long.

Same goes for those 55 gallon food grade barrels. I've hauled lots of fuel in them to remote locations by snowmobile. They hold up pretty well and you can burn them down to next to nothing if you don't have room to bring them back.

I guess the next thread will be titled "Alaska Man"...
    Last edited by AKDoug; 09-04-2019 at 12:41 AM.

I like the 30 gal steel drums, I used to get them for free or nearly free from the bulk oil supplier and use them for gas for my work truck that rarely got to town. The 30s were much easier to handle, roll around or whatever. I could ease them off the back of my flatbed trailer to the ground or back on alone. A farm hand pump worked fine.

Good to know about the buckets.

I need a couple food grade 2 gal buckets.....no idea where to find them any more.

Florida Man you say?

Real world MUF (Managing Unknown Floridians) evolution at a Shell
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgfZTcMLQWQ

Floridaman shooting tires of an AT&T truck because it was parked outside of his home
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10TkoYIFR0Q

And recently, Floridaman kayaking with Confederate flag ahead of Hurricane Dorian
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=380748805946357
    Last edited by Olim9; 09-04-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I want to get a couple of Rotopax cans.
    Name:  MMc SkiDoo.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  47.1 KB

Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

This thread is hilarious.

I was born in South Florida, in a very affluent community. All the cockroaches have infested the state from other parts of the country and have made it what it is
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List