Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Days in Entebbe

Site Supporter
    Looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Please don't screw this up......
    Physically impossible not to. The people who make movies are flat out incapable of making a movie based on historical events that doesn’t get screwed up.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Physically impossible not to. The people who make movies are flat out incapable of making a movie based on historical events that doesn’t get screwed up.
    There is that. Some are just at a disturbing level versus making it a bit more entertaining level.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You can read "Operation Thunderbolt" while you wait.
    Added to My List on Audible.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    A review in the St. Louis paper said that the movie "pulls off the difficult trick of making terrorism boring." Apparently, there is dancing in the movie.

You might be better off rewatching "Raid on Entebbe".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Please don't screw this up......
    Apparently, they have. The reviews are mostly along the lines of "boring", "dull" and "unfocused". And, for some reason, there is dancing.

24% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not quite Gigli.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

It's not in wide release, only 838 theaters, but it's not pulling in very much per theater.

Usually the regular audience likes things that the critics don't, but not so much this time.

My guess is that if you want to see it, you'll have to wait for it to come to Redbox, a cable movie channel, or the $5 bin at Wally Woild.

"Raid on Gigli" could be interesting...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It's not in wide release, only 838 theaters, but it's not pulling in very much per theater.

Usually the regular audience likes things that the critics don't, but not so much this time.

My guess is that if you want to see it, you'll have to wait for it to come to Redbox, a cable movie channel, or the $5 bin at Wally Woild.
    It's playing here at one of the Metroplex theatres. We're going tomorrow, with low expectations. I don't know how you can take the quintessential hostage rescue story, one that's full of real life drama and intrigue, and make it as exciting as plain yogurt, but it seems as if they've done it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It's playing here at one of the Metroplex theatres. We're going tomorrow, with low expectations. I don't know how you can take the quintessential hostage rescue story, one that's full of real life drama and intrigue, and make it as exciting as plain yogurt, but it seems as if they've done it.
    Not having seen it yet, my guess is... They watered it down so as not to offend anyone, or to make the Israelis look too good?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List