Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

The cease and desist is false. I asked shield arms directly. They said there is no cease and desist and the magazines are coming out.

Site Supporter
    SA confirmed Checkmate is the vendor.

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    The cease and desist is false, according to Shield Arms.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    SA confirmed Checkmate is the vendor.
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Where?

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

At the bottom of the description is says “proudly made in the USA by check-mate.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Where?
    I asked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

At the bottom of the description is says “proudly made in the USA by check-mate.”
    Well that’s a big fat disappointment... I’ll give mine a try and hope for the best.

As for Sig, if that’s true it gives me one more reason to despise them as an organization and pray for their demise.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Well that’s a big fat disappointment... I’ll give mine a try and hope for the best.

As for Sig, if that’s true it gives me one more reason to despise them as an organization and pray for their demise.
    I do hope that these magazines make it to market and work, I really do.

As for SIG....I have disliked them for a good while. For many, many years we were a SIG direct dealer.

Many years ago we special ordered a SIG556 SBR for a customer. He was on the shorter side. SBR comes in and it does not have the collapsible side folding stock that it was supposed to have even though the label on the box indicated that it should have. A check of SIGs website indicates a side folding collapsible stock. A call to SIG reveals that the stock had been "updated" to be side folding only. We deal with the pissed customer who no longer wanted the SBR. SIG didn't want the SBR back so we were stuck. We ended up selling it about a year later. Thanks SIG.

A few years back we sold a P290 to a customer. The gun didn't work properly and needed to go back to SIG for service. When I called to arrange the service I was told that since the gun was not owned by the original owner it was not covered under warranty. This was strange since we sold the gun and had received it directly from SIG. The CS person told me that Gander Mountain had sold the gun. Long story short, SIG had sent the gun to Gander Mountain and GM had returned it to SIG. We then received it when we ordered the P290. It took a bit to clear this up but it was enough to piss me off pretty good. Thanks SIG.

During the post-Sandy Hook sales craze we had issues with SIG changing features of M400, 516, and 716 rifles. We actually had to put a disclaimner that the rifle received may not match what SIG advertised the rifle to actually come with. Thanks SIG.

After the 2016 election when the industry really started turning to shit SIG began a strict enforcement of MAP policy. I had listed an auction on Gunbroker where I was under MAP by $0.99. We actually got two phone calls and several emails about losing our SIG Dealer status due to this. I had corrected the issue when it was brought to our attention, but ever after that we were getting constant reminders about MAP. Thanks SIG.

10 years ago SIG would randomly ship biometric safes with orders. Safes you didn't order, but they sure charged you for them. Of course you had to call and explain that you not only didn't order the said safe but also didn't really want it Thanks SIG.

So, bitching aside, what was the point of me writing all this? I totally believe SIG would pull a C&D.

I just Want to buy a 10. Why so few I know the checkmate guys makes good mags for my guns 1911 9mm and 45.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    Basically says “we have a single stack magazine that transitions to a double stack, which allows the chamber area, slide width, and the area around the trigger guard width to conform to single stack standards, but the double stack portion allows for double stack capacity.”

It’s also more complicated than that. At face value, it’s not the first single stack/double stack hybrid, but the patent also goes into greater depth.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20190195584

https://patents.justia.com/patent/D858680
    I checked the US Patent and Trademark Office file history of the published application. It has been allowed, but not with the claims in the publication. In order to gain allowance, the applicant added a limitation that the magazine has a stepped portion between the double stack portion and the upper end of the tube. The stepped portion is required to have an upper sloped portion, a lower sloped portion, and a vertical portion between the upper and lower sloped portions.

Once that patent issues, which will happen on November 19, any magazine having each and every feature recited in at least one claim would infringe the patent.

User Tag List