Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Badge / Wallet

Badge / Wallet

Looking for some input on a good badge wallet. Right now, I carry a small wallet in my front pocket with DL, cash, and cards. In my duty cargo pocket I carry my badge and electronic police ID. I'd like to combine these items into one wallet that isn't too bulky. Here is what I'd like it to carry:

Metal Police Badge
    DL & Police ID
    5 or so cards
    A little cash

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

My advice would be to keep them separate. This is just one incident of many I'm aware of;

https://www.odmp.org/officer/14952-d...ne-daniel-york

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My advice would be to keep them separate. This is just one incident of many I'm aware of;

https://www.odmp.org/officer/14952-d...ne-daniel-york
    I've always done so for the same reasons.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I always keep them separate. When at work, my personal wallet stays in my locker. I don’t want to lose my personal wallet while at work that has a drivers license with my home address on it. I also keep credit cards in the personal wallet.

I keep some cash in the work wallet/badge case. But then I’m old enough that I still use cash at times to buy lunch.

There's a bunch on Amazon, figure out which type you want, bifold, tri, high grain leather, etc. Then contact to see if they have your badge shape.

Otherwise get a custom one done just for you.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Put me down for separate carry as well. I've got a small wallet with DL, CCs and cash in my front pocket, and my credentials with primary badge in the back pocket. Every time I've seen someone with combined creds/badge and personal wallet, it turns into a Costanza wallet...

Site Supporter
    Always separate.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I always keep them separate. When at work, my personal wallet stays in my locker. I don’t want to lose my personal wallet while at work that has a drivers license with my home address on it. I also keep credit cards in the personal wallet.

I keep some cash in the work wallet/badge case. But then I’m old enough that I still use cash at times to buy lunch.
    That's what I do too, plus I don't have to sit on the wallet for hours every day.

I've always carried a separate badge wallet with the LE ID, one or two business cards and a laminated Miranda warning card. I very much like the newer design that has a separate pocket for a light weight neck chain so you can be hands free if need be. I keep the unmarked proximity card that gives access to our facilities in the card case that I use as a personal "billfold" so that if (The Horror!) I ever lost my badge wallet someone couldn't just walk in the back door.

Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    my badge and electronic police ID.
    Very curious as to what your electronic police ID is. A prox card or something new and different?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like some good reasons to keep it separate, so I will continue to do that for now. I looked at the available options and everything looks too bulky for what I want anyways.

Question - do you guys carry your badge when your off duty?

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post

Very curious as to what your electronic police ID is. A prox card or something new and different?
    It's just a proximity card, electronic was a poor word to use.

User Tag List