Page 50 of 346 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Well...

Before I handled one I went from curious to excited to skeptical to a naysayer.

I talked to a Glock rep and handled one today and got curious enough to buy it.

288 rounds later and I really like it.

In the store the trigger felt heavy, mushy, and vague. After a drop of oil, a few dry fires, and now 288 rounds of live fire, it's sweet. I found myself getting on the trigger on the press-out like a double action and never getting out of time with it. With the Gen3 I've been shooting I've been having a helluva time with the wall before the break. This one? Feels very natural for me, I'm a long time Sig TDA shooter. This really doesn't feel or handle anything like a TDA, but the trigger is much more manageable and predictable for me. With the 19.5 I was easily shooting as well and better than my 34.3.

I'm officially a fan.
    My resistance (only based on presently owning and shooting 7 great Gen 3s and 4s) is weakening. I'd better take a handful of D3 today.

I'm really looking forward to trying some more triggers on them.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

OK, who is going to install a Glock minus connector and five pound striker spring, and report on that trigger?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm still curious about higher round counts. IIRC, didn't many more guns start the BTF after several hundred to one or two thousand rounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There were some cases of that reported, some didn't work right out of the box. Sometimes they'd start with BTF and graduate to FTE.

I had a brand new G19 (Gen 3) that'd stovepipe straight out of the box. Glock fixed it for me, and it ran fine until I sold it to fund something else. My G19 MOS is a BTF machine too. G43 works great. I'm excited about Gen 5, but I'm waiting a little bit to see how they do over time extraction wise

Not me. I ain't touchin' a thing.

The score so far:

Mainly yeasayers. Some naysayers. Some naysayers turned yeasayers. A couple of yeasayers turned naysayers or mehsayers.

Some undecideds. A few who have evaluated and pontificated without having picked up one of the Gen 5's.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I wonder how much recoil control/technique plays in erratic ejection?
    Probably the majority of it... Unfortunately for people like me who has a bit of trigger time behind Glocks and have owned over a dozen that I've had one of those guns with serious erratic ejection which was a Glock 19 Gen 4 made early 2012.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Swapped a Glock minus connector in my G5 19 just to see...honestly couldn't tell a ton of difference. The smoothness and rolling break nature of the trigger didn't change. The wall felt *slightly* lighter but I don't think it's enough difference to matter.

I can tell a huge difference when I swap out a G4's dot connector for a minus one. This G5 not so much. That's honestly a good thing because it shows just how good these triggers are (for a Glock) out of the box. I'm sure the G5 34 will come with a minus connector but it's really not needed on these guns. This is coming from someone who really appreciates good triggers too.

My G5 shooting will be on a weekend hiatus. Dropping both of them off before tonight's match to have some plastic surgery performed. Same guy who stippled my PX4s. Should have them back by Saturday or Sunday I imagine. He works fast! I'm still on the fence about having him work the frames on my Gen 4 19 and 17 or just letting them go so I can buy more G5s. The trigger on my G4 17, even with the TTI connector, is garbage compared to the G5s. It's really noticeable. Spongy, gritty mess. And an aftermarket connector is as much as I'm willing to do to a Glock. All springs (and spring cups!) will remain stock. Learned my lesson on that one. I've had compromised reliability even with 5# striker springs and good ammo. Juice isn't worth the squeeze in that regard.

I've also had to install a HRED in both the G4 17 and 19 to get them to eject properly. The 19 also needed an Apex extractor...ugh. Will shoot the G4 17 tonight and I'll see how I do.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Swapped a Glock minus connector in my G5 19 just to see...honestly couldn't tell a ton of difference. The smoothness and rolling break nature of the trigger didn't change. The wall felt *slightly* lighter but I don't think it's enough difference to matter.

I can tell a huge difference when I swap out a G4's dot connector for a minus one. This G5 not so much. That's honestly a good thing because it shows just how good these triggers are (for a Glock) out of the box. I'm sure the G5 34 will come with a minus connector but it's really not needed on these guns. This is coming from someone who really appreciates good triggers too.

My G5 shooting will be on a weekend hiatus. Dropping both of them off before tonight's match to have some plastic surgery performed. Same guy who stippled my PX4s. Should have them back by Saturday or Sunday I imagine. He works fast! I'm still on the fence about having him work the frames on my Gen 4 19 and 17 or just letting them go so I can buy more G5s. The trigger on my G4 17, even with the TTI connector, is garbage compared to the G5s. It's really noticeable. Spongy, gritty mess. And an aftermarket connector is as much as I'm willing to do to a Glock. All springs (and spring cups!) will remain stock. Learned my lesson on that one. I've had compromised reliability even with 5# striker springs and good ammo. Juice isn't worth the squeeze in that regard.

I've also had to install a HRED in both the G4 17 and 19 to get them to eject properly. The 19 also needed an Apex extractor...ugh. Will shoot the G4 17 tonight and I'll see how I do.
    But but but, before you go. How is the Gen 5 connector "marked"? As in the way the "." and "-" are marked? Is is a double dot or what?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    But but but, before you go. How is the Gen 5 connector "marked"? As in the way the "." and "-" are marked? Is is a double dot or what?
    Very faint dot. Not as obvious as the G4 dot connectors. But there's still a dot.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Very faint dot. Not as obvious as the G4 dot connectors. But there's still a dot.
    Is it in fact the same as the Gen 4 "." connectors? I could imagine that the other changes are what improved the trigger pull.

Way back in the early pages (I may hunt it up tonight) someone, I think HCM, posted words to the effect "the FBI guns have a specific connector, as does the Gen 5".

I thought that very provocative. Did that mean they both share a specific connector or that they each have a different specific connector? And I may be over thinking it.

User Tag List