Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

So far the series is good, I’d say better than what we got with Book of Boba. Seeing Ewan back as Obi-Wan is like seeing an old friend. I was a fan of the prequels and while I know many had their complaints I always enjoyed them.

Even with only two episodes the emotions this series elicits makes it a powerhouse. Some may complain about the slow start but this series feels well-crafted and I’m excited for the next installment.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    So far the series is good, I’d say better than what we got with Book of Boba. Seeing Ewan back as Obi-Wan is like seeing an old friend. I was a fan of the prequels and while I know many had their complaints I always enjoyed them.

Even with only two episodes the emotions this series elicits makes it a powerhouse. Some may complain about the slow start but this series feels well-crafted and I’m excited for the next installment.
    I watched the first episode before starting work this morning - i'm really hopeful.

I joked with my buddies that Disney is less woke than we thought, the story basically starts with a gov't orchestrated killing of younglings and then the intergalactic ATF is hunting folks for their religious beliefs and weapon preferences.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I watched the first episode before starting work this morning - i'm really hopeful.

I joked with my buddies that Disney is less woke than we thought, the story basically starts with a gov't orchestrated killing of younglings and then the intergalactic ATF is hunting folks for their religious beliefs and weapon preferences.
    idk, that sounds pretty woke to me

I am hopeful that they don't screw this one up, there is a ton of good lore to cover in the time frame.
    I think I will wait until all the episodes are out and watch it over a weekend, I hate doing week to week episodes these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post

That's a feature, not a bug...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Really looking forward to it this afternoon!

The Mandalorian was the best Star Wars since 1983 (and I don’t hate the prequels). I agree that Book of Boba was a disappointment on some levels (but not the total dumpster fire that were the sequels).

So much that can be done with Kenobi and the Favroniverse. I get the fact that most creative types who work at Lucasfilm see the world a little different than a former tank commander, but I do hope that the wokism is kept to a simmer. The Star Wars fandom is full of GenX types that lean conservative and the execs need to remember that fact before they shit on the myth structure that defined our generation like they let Rian Johnson and Jar Jar Abrams.

Reports I’m getting from fellow geeks who’s opinions I trust have been very positive.

As a fun fact of personal disclosure - I have a small business on eBay dealing largely with Star Wars Collectables so I am fairly deep in the weeds with the Star Wars franchise and lore. I recently made over $500 just because some obscure characters from an animated series have been featured prominently on the Kenobi trailers. Almost makes up for all the money Ive lost on sure fire collectables that nobody wants 20 years from now.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 05-27-2022 at 01:54 PM.

The first two episodes were excellent. Very happy.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

As long as Dave Filoni plays a major role, itll be solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Whole season has been released now. Overall it was fairly good but not great, at least better than BoBF.

The finale, while exciting, felt like a bit of a rushed mess.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I've been watching it with my daughter who's a Disney + subscriber. I've enjoyed it for the most part.

My biggest complaint was with the Princess Leia actress. They spent a lot of time with her running around in the forest, evading the bad guys, and running through the tunnels, climbing ladders, etc., and I apologize if this young girl has some physical affliction, but they probably auditioned 100 young girls for this role, and they must have picked the least athletic child they could find. I feel bad for her as every time I watch her run, I keep thinking the poor girl had some sort of severe leg/legs injury, and has not healed from the surgery yet.

Just finished it.

I thought it was very subpar, with insultingly lazy, unimaginative writing. The whole show felt cheap and low effort.

The Third Sister character was a mess. Poorly conceived, acted and written. And completely irrelevant to the story.

The finale where, after receiving a full penetration 10.000 degree lightsaber stab through the midsection, within hours magics herself to another solar system, tracks down Owen, defeats enfilading blaster fire, but gets pinched on her wound because the screenwriter told Owen where it was, then runs across the desert only to spare Luke(after torturing Leia yesterday) was a tour de force in Plot Armor screenwriting.

Then of course Vader stupidly assuming Kenobi is dead, after which Kenobi stupidly spares Vader because feelz, was utterly convincing.

Presumably all the retcon violations will be handwaved away when Disney remakes Episode 4 "There is No Hope" a musical comedy celebrating transgender pedorape.

User Tag List