Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen4's - Good to Go Yet?

For the record, after a few issue free range trips this month I broke into a new case of ammo today. With 115g blazer brass today I had dozens of brass-to-head events out of 267 rounds fired.

I finished up the session with a box of carry 124g gold dot and the ejection was perfect. So, while I'm not concerned with carrying the gun it's pretty frustrating. I've shot some personal bests with this gun and I enjoy shooting it. But it's really distracting when hot brass is bouncing off my forehead during drills.

This might just drive me to pull the NIB P30 V2 out of the safe and see if all those years of shooting the M9 will translate to the LEM.

Eric

I'm at 500 rounds or so through a Gen4 19 with no reliability issues.

I'd rather have a vintage Gen3 model, but that doesn't change the fact that this Gen4 is performing.

FYI

Went to the range with a buddy who has a blue box gen 4 19 made in America (serial number AAXXXX) test fired in May or June 2013. Brass to face, brass dribble out of gun etc. No malfunctions though. Put my apex extractor from my gen 4 17 in there and it seemed to help a little but didn't cure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    FYI

Went to the range with a buddy who has a blue box gen 4 19 made in America (serial number AAXXXX) test fired in May or June 2013. Brass to face, brass dribble out of gun etc. No malfunctions though. Put my apex extractor from my gen 4 17 in there and it seemed to help a little but didn't cure it.
    Is it true you have to tune the apex by removing small amounts of material until there is no space where the claw grips the cartridge rim? I wonder if variance in slides would require that in this case.

This is why I only run .45, .40, & 10mm Glocks. For some reason, those all work fine. I went through (3) recent production Glock 9mm's & all had weak ass, erratic ejection with BTF. I seriously doubt I will EVER own another Glock 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    This is why I only run .45, .40, & 10mm Glocks. For some reason, those all work fine. I went through (3) recent production Glock 9mm's & all had weak ass, erratic ejection with BTF. I seriously doubt I will EVER own another Glock 9mm.
    Just out of curiosity, were the recent production Glock pistols the 19?

I have a number of Gen 4 17's and they all run great and eject/extract well. I have 2 Gen 4 19's, and while they run, they don't eject with the same vigor as the 17.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just out of curiosity, were the recent production Glock pistols the 19?

I have a number of Gen 4 17's and they all run great and eject/extract well. I have 2 Gen 4 19's, and while they run, they don't eject with the same vigor as the 17.
    They were (2) 17's & (1) 26. The 26 wasn't as bad, but still not where my early 2000 era G19 was. I'm close to giving a Gen 4 17 a try, but my faith just isn't strong enough yet. I'm pretty well vested in the Gen 4 23 right now so in gonna stick with that. I can get .40 for the same price as 9mm so I figure why the hell not.

My Gen 4 23 has been running like a champ.

I bought a new G26.Gen 4.yesterday an ran 80 rounds thru it without a hitch. I realize the baby Glocks' internals didn't change like the big guns though.

I've never heard of the need to "tune" apex glock 9mm extractors. Has anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    I've never heard of the need to "tune" apex glock 9mm extractors. Has anyone else?

Yea, on the gen 3 version there is a tab that you can file to tune the tension. There's a how to on the apex website.

User Tag List