Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RMR: you call that concealment?

RMR: you call that concealment?

I had a brief experience with pistol optics first time around 2008 or 2009, with a JP on a Glock 19. Don't remember having issues concealing it but didn't like the window etc and I canned it. Recently I decided to give it a shot again and got myself a G19X with a DPP for competition, and a Gen4 G19 with an RM06 as dry fire, backup, and possibly carry gun. Shaggy is my go to AIWB holster and Rich built me one for an RMR'd Glock. Today was the first time I tried the whole thing on.

Whatthefhell. That thing prints like nothing else. The right "ear" prints. The housing prints. It prints without a wedge, with 1" wedge, and with 1.5" wedge. It prints worse than Beretta with a D hammer. It prints worse than 1911 with a beavertail. Granted that my RMR is attached through the Unity mount, but one mm of extra depth of a direct mill wouldn't make any difference.

Possible conclusions:

1. I am not built for this AIWB RMR thing.
    2. People have different definitions of concealment vs cover.
    3. People have different tolerances for concealment vs cover.
    4. People have different assessment methods to determine how it conceals. I myself don't stand statically in front of a mirror wearing dark clothing of heavier weights and snap still photos. I stand, I move, I twist, I wear dark colored clothes, light colored clothes, etc.
    5. All of the above.

What am I missing here, my optically enhanced brethren? Yesterday I was all excited about marrying my game habit and timmydom yet again with a help of those bright dancing dots. Tonight I question why I need to suffer through this offense that is known as Glock grip angle. Give me hope, if there is any.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I don’t know what is wrong with you, but I’ve concealed an RMR equipped Glock since 2011. Can you post pics of the printing set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do tomorrow.

I agree with you that staged selfies in the mirror after getting everything just right isn't a true indicator of concealment. I find the best test for me is when I'm walking into a grocery store or a business that has somewhat reflective doors or windows.

Apparently the Glo-mance is over before it even started!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was about to call you and seek counseling but it was late, like after 9, so I didn't want to wake you up.
    I still dry fried with a Glock though.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I agree with you that staged selfies in the mirror after getting everything just right isn't a true indicator of concealment. I find the best test for me is when I'm walking into a grocery store or a business that has somewhat reflective doors or windows.
    The self-delusion manifested by many so-called "concealed" carriers is akin to:

It's relatively easy to hide a gun when standing perfectly still with everything tucked just so. But move around and bend in front of the mirror to get a more realistic point of view before calling it good. When all else fails I check with the missus.

Just my humble opinion, no disrespect intended toward anyone here.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

2. People have different definitions of concealment vs cover.
    4. People have different assessment methods to determine how it conceals. I myself don't stand statically in front of a mirror wearing dark clothing of heavier weights and snap still photos. I stand, I move, I twist, I wear dark colored clothes, light colored clothes, etc.
    These are the most common answers in my experience. There are a few people built just right to conceal it, but most of the time once you start moving around it's painfully obvious there is either a gun or colostomy bag there.

If I remember right, you have issues with Glock corner printing @YVK ?

If you have that issue, an RMR gonna be hard to hide to a solid 85% or more concealment rate. I think the only way to fight that universally is to add a couple inches to your chest for drape.

The people I have seen in person conceal optics equipped Glocks to a level I want it concealed, all have pretty strong chest:waist ratios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I was about to call you and seek counseling but it was late, like after 9, so I didn't want to wake you up.
    I still dry fried with a Glock though.
    AM?

User Tag List