Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webinar - BJJ in a Weapons Based Environment (halfguard) March 21, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    So the wifi at the Academy went on the fritz days before the webinar so I had to reschedule to April 25th. Same link to register and al lthe same info.

The nice thing is that the location I will be at has as fast and as good a wifi that exists in AZ so we are good there, and it gave me time to upgrade the camera and mic, so the experience should be even better.
    I am glad to have noticed this. Thanks.

I am concerned about Eventbrite, however, after two fails. Have you used them before, successfully?
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I am glad to have noticed this. Thanks.

I am concerned about Eventbrite, however, after two fails. Have you used them before, successfully?

Yes, multiple times. Tom Givens has used nothing but Eventbrite for years. It is a PITA for the person setting up Eventbrite for an event ( they hold the money for up to weeks after, their website interface is not set up well to do changes or additions, etc) but for the person buying a ticket, it is easy.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Are you able to record and sell copies of the seminar? Would lose the Q&A interaction but would open it up for those double booked.

Yes, multiple times. Tom Givens has used nothing but Eventbrite for years. It is a PITA for the person setting up Eventbrite for an event ( they hold the money for up to weeks after, their website interface is not set up well to do changes or additions, etc) but for the person buying a ticket, it is easy.
    Thanks for your response. Signing up was easy the two times I tried, in the past, except that Eventbrite failed to deliver. One event was free, so I was merely annoyed, and the other was a charitable event, and not expensive, so I ate the cost, rather than bother the folks doing the event. For one event, when I logged in, they gave me a pass to show “at the door,” but no access code to log into the event, which had no door, because it was virtual. For the other event, the access code was not delivered to me, until the webinar was over.

Maybe Eventbrite has grown-up, since then, to enable my third time to be the charm.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Are you able to record and sell copies of the seminar? Would lose the Q&A interaction but would open it up for those double booked.

It is being recorded, and copies will be sent to everyone who signs up. At this point, I am leaning to not selling it outside of the original event. Honestly, setting that kind of thing up is a bit of a pain and the juice is not worth the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Thanks for your response. Signing up was easy the two times I tried, in the past, except that Eventbrite failed to deliver. One event was free, so I was merely annoyed, and the other was a charitable event, and not expensive, so I ate the cost, rather than bother the folks doing the event. For one event, when I logged in, they gave me a pass to show “at the door,” but no access code to log into the event, which had no door, because it was virtual. For the other event, the access code was not delivered to me, until the webinar was over.

Maybe Eventbrite has grown-up, since then, to enable my third time to be the charm.

Those things I can't address, but as far as this goes, it is a Zoom event and they are the ones handling the logistics. Right now, the email with the link and passcode is already up (and I have read it and it has both things on there) and set to be sent out twice, once two hours before the event, and once 15 minutes prior. And I am going to try to do a manual send the night before. As far as this goes, all Eventbrite is doing is collecting the money and providing the list of attendees (and then holding the money for two more weeks afterwards.....).

Those things I can't address, but as far as this goes, it is a Zoom event and they are the ones handling the logistics. Right now, the email with the link and passcode is already up (and I have read it and it has both things on there) and set to be sent out twice, once two hours before the event, and once 15 minutes prior. And I am going to try to do a manual send the night before. As far as this goes, all Eventbrite is doing is collecting the money and providing the list of attendees (and then holding the money for two more weeks afterwards.....).
    Thanks! I am going to give this one a try.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    So the wifi at the Academy went on the fritz days before the webinar so I had to reschedule to April 25th. Same link to register and al lthe same info.

The nice thing is that the location I will be at has as fast and as good a wifi that exists in AZ so we are good there, and it gave me time to upgrade the camera and mic, so the experience should be even better.
    I hate to like this, but I was working the day it was scheduled previously and I am not working tomorrow.

Catch ya tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I hate to like this, but I was working the day it was scheduled previously and I am not working tomorrow.

Catch ya tomorrow!
    Awesome!

I’m actually at the location right now doing some preliminary set up. Going to be a good time!

Well, it appears that Eventbrite is working for me, this time. Both of the ways they failed me, in the past, have been successful, this time. I look forward to the event!

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List