Page 252 of 372 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3720

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    On one of the watch forums, there was a thread of people wearing an automatic on one wrist and electronic on the other. Some of those fitbits, etc can probably provide similar alert functionality but are less obtrusive than an Apple watch.
    Even better: https://www.sinn.de/en/Dual_Strap_System.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Nice. I wish they would make one for Galaxy/Android watches.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I think the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and Watch 4 Classic have fall detection, and a more “analog” appearance.

I know zip about smartwatches, but I’d guess the Samsung would be a better match for an Android phone. If you’re already in the Apple system the Apple Watch probably makes sense.
    Right. I am already in Apple's pocket with iPhone, iPad, iMac.

I am thinking Apple Watch SE for fall warning. The many other bells and whistles of 6 and forthcoming 7 don't interest me much. I just hope it has an analog clock face mode.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Right. I am already in Apple's pocket with iPhone, iPad, iMac.

I am thinking Apple Watch SE for fall warning. The many other bells and whistles of 6 and forthcoming 7 don't interest me much. I just hope it has an analog clock face mode.
    All the Apples have multiple analog faces from what I can tell. I’m hoping the 7 will push down 6 prices, I will probably jump if they do.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    [CARNIK_CON] Double-double underfolder! [/CARKNIK_CON]

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    On one of the watch forums, there was a thread of people wearing an automatic on one wrist and electronic on the other. Some of those fitbits, etc can probably provide similar alert functionality but are less obtrusive than an Apple watch.
    I'm guilty of this. Typically a Seiko Padi Turtle (or similar analog watch) on the left and a Whoop Strap on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    This is where I was going too. A sub or BB is "casual".
    To coin a neologism, I think of those watches B to B (beach to boardroom)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Name:  5ppi48.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  56.7 KB

Flexing: Post 2092 ;-)

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    BH-Ramble warning. late to the party.

1. Sinn is a fine watch with a great origin story to include a Mr. Sinn who died at 102 in 2018. Dynamite watches in the sub 3 k space all day long.

2. I would buy the watch in question on the OEM bracelet v. a strap but that is just me as I think quality non OEM straps abound v. bracelets. I know my choice means 1750 ish v 1500 ish.

3. I am unable to be objective re Tudor because I believe that as a wholly owned brand of Rolex, Rolex Inc. is pushing them to fill the gap as SS Rolex sport watches are unobtanium from ADs at retail v Tudors at this time. Say Again-you can presently buy Tudors at retail, at ADs. Ask again 1 July 2022, after Father's Day and that may be another story given that Rolex is not going to fill the vaccum with Rolex anytime soon.

4. I fully acknowledge that Tudor is a fine watch and exceeds the intersection of quality/value i.e. Pelagos at 4500 ish retail v a Sub at 8500 retail/15K street value.

5 Because I am butt hurt re #3 , I do not own a Rolex and I am fast approaching the point that I could stretch and swing what I want at retail from and AD (OP or no date Sub) given the impending college graduations of my twins in 22/23, I suspect that I would buy the Sinn and an Oris Aquis (80 hr movement 10 yr service interval/guarantee) for 5ish and have 2 really cool watches or sharpen my pencil in search of the right Grand Seiko.

6. Both the Sinn and the Tudor in question can be worn with shorts/t-shirt to suit and tie with no issues. I would go as far as to say that if you put either watch on a shark/croc/gator strap you could wear a tux if you otherwise have a sense of style.

YMMV greatly. Let us know what you do.

PS-I am so pissed at Rolex that if I already owned an "my" OP or no-date Sub, I would NEVER buy another Rolex again until they were available like they were in 2017. I will NEVER buy "my" watch above retail under any circumstances.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List