Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You could make yourself just as nervous by reading some of the P320 threads here and wondering if it's actually a safe pistol yet.
    That was one of my big concerns with the 320, but the 320 and the MR920 were the only two direct mount options readily available in my time constraints.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

My MR920 arrived yesterday. I mounted an RMR on it and let it sit overnight to cure. I took it to the range today to do the 200-round break-in they suggest.

I used the first 50 rounds to zero the optic and then confirm zero out to 25 yards. I had a failure to feed in the first 10 rounds while firing. Throughout the rest of the session, I had three failures to feed on the first round in a mag from slide lock.

It feels undersprung to me. If I ease the slide forward, the recoil spring won't pull it into battery.

Rounds 51-100 were spent shooting the old Bakersfield qual followed by a bunch of failure drills.

Rounds 101-150 were spent doing emergency reloads simply because of the failure to feed issue.

Rounds 151-200 were spent doing equally divided between stong and support hand only presentations and transitions.

The pistol is very accurate. I love the mounting system. The trigger may be too good as I had a user-induced ND on one presentation.

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Hey everyone,

I found an MR920 Combat for a pretty good price from a dealer nearby that accepts their P+P program, so the pistol would cost just under $750. Other than the poster above, is the consensus still good on these? I do have a Gen 5 G19 MOS, but finding one of these for what seems like a good price has me wondering if I should jump on it.

Adding an MOS plate from FCD and changing the sights on another Gen 5 MOS would put the price pretty close to what the SS MR920 will be. I just don't want to buy something that may have issues.

Also, I can't remember for the life of me where I read it, but I could have sworn that there was mention that Shadow Systems will replace a pistol taken by Police in the event of a defensive shooting. Is this true? I know the chances are slim of it happening, but considering this will be a CCW it seems like a nice plus.

ETA: Not implying that jlw does not like his MR920, by issues I meant if anyone else was having any FTF.

I currently have three Shadow Systems pistols, a MR920, MR930L and a CR920. They all have functioned flawlessly since day one and their accuracy are comparable to Gen 5 Glock 9mm’s. IMHO, their triggers out of the box are okay to not that great, but with dry firing and just shooting them, they become an okay carry trigger. Their standard optics cut is good, but they need to offer to everybody, pistols and slides with optic cuts for closed emitter type red dot optics like the ACRO, Holosun and Steiner. To me, when compared to a factory Glock, they have a much more ergonomic grip frame with very good factory texturing and a better overall optics cut. I am completely satisfied with mine and have no regrets about buying them.

MR920

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Hey everyone,

I found an MR920 Combat for a pretty good price from a dealer nearby that accepts their P+P program, so the pistol would cost just under $750. Other than the poster above, is the consensus still good on these? I do have a Gen 5 G19 MOS, but finding one of these for what seems like a good price has me wondering if I should jump on it.

Adding an MOS plate from FCD and changing the sights on another Gen 5 MOS would put the price pretty close to what the SS MR920 will be. I just don't want to buy something that may have issues.

Also, I can't remember for the life of me where I read it, but I could have sworn that there was mention that Shadow Systems will replace a pistol taken by Police in the event of a defensive shooting. Is this true? I know the chances are slim of it happening, but considering this will be a CCW it seems like a nice plus.

ETA: Not implying that jlw does not like his MR920, by issues I meant if anyone else was having any FTF.
    I bought a 920 last September and currently have about 4,800 rounds through it. Similar to Mr Weems, I had a few failures to feed during the first 50 rounds. Since that point if has run flawlessly. Zero problems.

I ran it today on the first day of Andy Stanford's Speed Shooting Summit. It ran flawlessly, but I confess to gaming when we shot for score by downloading one round from my mags. The round count today was a little over 100.

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Shadow Systems will replace a pistol taken by Police in the event of a defensive shooting. Is this true?

Trevor mentioned it in one of his "technical Tuesday" videos.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have about 1k rounds through a DR920 and 500 through a MR920L. Both have run without hiccup after the first 100 or so round "break in period." The triggers have been good on my examples, breaking about 4.5 lbs on my analog Wheeler scales.

My biggest gripe is the lack of a SCD, tho I understand The Gadget can be modified to work.

If you like their feature set, I think they're a good value compared to Glocks.
    Last edited by David S.; 06-17-2022 at 07:24 AM.
    David S.

Nothing wrong with using a SGD/ gadget, but *I* really don't need one. Just like a manual thumb safety or keeping your finger out of the trigger guard until it's time, you still have to remember to use /do it.

One failure to feed in a demo over the weekend; two more shooting drills today.

User Tag List