Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Different trigger feel across gen 5 Glocks

Different trigger feel across gen 5 Glocks

I have Glock 45, 19x and two different 19 MOS. All Gen 5. And all of them have different feeling triggers.
    19 MOS #1 (~1500 rounds) and 19X (~ 450 rounds) have a relatively clean feel and a crisp break.
    45 (~ 220 rounds) feels grittier almost as if the trigger bar is dragging on something ?
    19 MOS #2 (~ 200 rounds) trigger feel "rougher" - and occasionally has that same "trigger dragging across something" feeling.
    All pistols have the $.05 trigger job.

Has anybody else observed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    I have Glock 45, 19x and two different 19 MOS. All Gen 5. And all of them have different feeling triggers.
    19 MOS #1 (~1500 rounds) and 19X (~ 450 rounds) have a relatively clean feel and a crisp break.
    45 (~ 220 rounds) feels grittier almost as if the trigger bar is dragging on something ?
    19 MOS #2 (~ 200 rounds) trigger feel "rougher" - and occasionally has that same "trigger dragging across something" feeling.
    All pistols have the $.05 trigger job.

Has anybody else observed this?
    Yes, across many Glock pistols and generations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quite normal and predictable.
    Everybody focuses on the plastic but the working parts are stamped out of sheet metal with all the slop and roughness that implies.

In my youth, we didn't have MIM or plastic and nobody paid much attention to cast Rugers. We thought the gun business had been taken over by the devil with stamped parts that would be the ruination of it all. Hard to imagine that attitude looking at a Remington 870 now. But there is an effect.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I polish mine before ever firing a round and they work as they should.

Spend a little more and give them the $.25 trigger job. [emoji16]

The stamped metal parts that rub together are situated to where the top edges of the cut side are facing towards each other. The rough edges don’t rub on anything.
    I have never felt a $0.25 trigger job actually change the feel of the trigger.

Glock triggers are inconsistent and generally get worse as they age

Site Supporter
    There's definitely pistol to pistol variation, but the Gen5 guns seem the best to me. I've put ~9,000 rounds through three 19.5 and trigger pulls range from very good (for a Glock) to pretty awful. Parts are cheap and easy to replace, so I'm not wasting any energy resenting needing to replace a $15 trigger bar in my practice gun.

Yeah, can't disagree there is a lot of variation. I've owned five, they all have their characteristics but I'm not a really high volume shooter by pf standards.

Having said that, I got a lot of good info from this Johnny Glock video. (Turns out this guy is quite near to where I live, I've been thinking of checking into a trigger job from him.)

Something I have noticed, is that while I can detect fairly subtle differences in triggers when dry firing, when live firing trigger differences seem much less apparent. Another way of expressing this is, a good grip equalizes many triggers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Something I have noticed, is that while I can detect fairly subtle differences in triggers when dry firing, when live firing trigger differences seem much less apparent. Another way of expressing this is, a good grip equalizes many triggers.
    and a rapid trigger press.

User Tag List