Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Riddance!!

Honestly, all of them.

I suppose I should have the god-given shame needed to regret selling the Colt Viper... but I don't. Same for the 1970s Python, The Delta (a 'milspec' Colt 1991 in 10mm they made like 500 of) and the M45A1. On the S&W front the Frank Glenn 627, the 25-5, the 629 Mountain Gun, the 3" 65... all of them really do it for some people but just weren't for me. If the 25-5 had a 4" barrel instead of 6.5" I'd probably still have it. Probably. Maybe.

Good riddance (not to any revolvers though):
    • S&W 669 and 1006. Troublesome and disappointing. I have no idea why people like these guns.
    • Dan Wesson Valor, with custom work by Dave Severns. A really nice 1911, but it had reliability problems and slide stop peening. It was helpful for me to figure out that 1911's weren't as great as I thought they were.
    • Springfield EMP .40, with custom work. Another really nice 1911, except for the broken ambi safety, FTF, FTE, and kaboom. Other than that it was great.
    • Sig p238. This was actually the only 1911-type gun I had that didn't have too many problems. Just a few.
    • STI Trubor, 9 Major open gun. Where do I begin? The crummy trigger that I replaced? The cheapass C-more that drifted? The janky mags that never worked? The expensive MBX mags that didn't help?
    • 4 Sig p320s. Good riddance to shitty dangerous guns, at a significant financial cost.
    • LWRC M6A3 16" AR-15. Not a bad rifle, but it didn't provide any advantage over a standard DI gun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

.30 Carbine Blackhawk. It made sense (sort of) when surplus .30 Carbine was cheap and plentiful. Which it was not in the late-00s and I was not a loader at the time. On an outdoor range that was covered but otherwise open, it gave me a headache after a couple of cylinders. Probably should have kept it and had the cylinder reamed for .32-20 which would have turned it into a .30-20 really.

TEC-9 and Cobray M-11, both bought when the AWB expired and sold/traded for whatever else it was that my heart desired after getting them.

Martini Cadet that had been converted to .32 Winchester Special.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I had a repro Remington Rolling Block pistol in .357 Magnum.
    Bought it intending to shoot Hunter's Pistol Silhouette with it.
    Never did. Did not like shooting it much at all, as it happened.
    Sold it off.

Several months back the guy I sold it to came up to me.
    He had a pic on his phone of the pistol lying on a dead deer.
    So, I know what the old gun has been used for lately.

Did not want it back. Still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    I had a repro Remington Rolling Block pistol in .357 Magnum.
    That reminds me of the .44 Mag Contender barrel I briefly had. It was part of a package and it only took a couple of shots with factory ammo for me to realize the factory wood grip sucks with magnum loads and .44 Mag wasn't going to be my jam anyway.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That reminds me of the .44 Mag Contender barrel I briefly had. It was part of a package and it only took a couple of shots with factory ammo for me to realize the factory wood grip sucks with magnum loads and .44 Mag wasn't going to be my jam anyway.
    BTDT. Ouch!

How about a Beretta 682 (shotgun) that I couldn't shoot worth a damn. I paid about $2500 for that gun. I decided I could shoot my Remington 870 better. I paid about $200 for that one in 1970. What a complete and total failure.

Goes along with the proverb you can't buy happiness.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Stephanie:

Good riddance guns? Yep

1. GSG 1911 in 22LR.

2. Springfield SA-35

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Definitely the G23 that was my late 1990s carry gun.

Around that time I also had a special run bead blasted 640. My then girlfriend asked me if I ever worried when I left it in our apartment that when I came back she’d shoot me with it, so I parted ways with both of them since they were a little too much.

I didn’t really love the S&W 422 or 2206.

A Desert Eagle in .50AE that I bought for the hell of it when it came out, then realized that I had no use for whatsoever. I wish I’d bought a .41 mag (which I still have no use for) though.

I had to have an AR-7 after seeing From Russia with Love in my teens. Some years ago I came across a new one marked down in the rack. I tried three different magazines and it didn’t run well plus I think the front sight was loose. A friend bought it knowing my complaints. He said he was able to get it to work.

User Tag List