Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I love all this politically correct wokeness from people that claim to be on the right. Go ahead and choke back those tears over someone who was in opposition of your right to defend yourself and your family and in a position to have upheld unconstitutional legislation that would have made you a felon.

When Bill Clinton dies are you guys gonna weep for him too? The guy who sexually assaulted his way through his whole political career, from Arkansas to the White House to Epstein Island?

She could have stepped down anytime during Obama's first or second term if she was concerned about being replaced by an originalist. But she didn't. She chose to stay on so she could be replaced by President Hillary, and we all known how that worked out. She could have been retired, enjoying time with her family, but instead she chose to remain in a position she couldn't stay awake to participate in.
    Speaking for myself and perhaps some here: Trying rather hard and utilizing every drop of intestinal fortitude to take the high road and not speak ill of the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    It should be, though. The purpose of the senate as a higher chamber with elder statesmen who temper the actions of the more raucous house is dead and gone. They're just another, smaller HoR with different procedural duties. 60 votes in the senate means nothing gets done; so fine. Let's do 51.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    On the other hand, the primary motivator for a lot of folks was the Supreme Court Justices. If he vacillates on that when he has the opportunity to do what he promised, why bother putting him back in office?
    Bird in hand instead of two in the bush.

Ram through a solid SC Justice now and if by some miracle Trump loses, then Biden/Kamala can only ruin the country for one term instead of for the next few decades.

People actually think the Democrats can get even more outraged?
    LOL, they're unhinged and cratering their state economies and burning their own cities down right now because orange man bad.
    Fuck 'em pour some more gas on that fire.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    It should be, though. The purpose of the senate as a higher chamber with elder statesmen who temper the actions of the more raucous house is dead and gone. They're just another, smaller HoR with different procedural duties. 60 votes in the senate means nothing gets done; so fine. Let's do 51.
    Repeal the 17th amendment?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You might be more right than you know, though.

If they ram through a nomination - after McConnell block in 2016, they can conceivably start packing Trump's shit up in the White House.

I'm already getting texts from conservative/libertarian leaning friends saying as much. Normally, people who would vote conservative who are disgusted by what MCConnell is proposing and doing.

It could very much damage the POTUS run right now.

RBG dropping dead dropped a bomb into the middle of an already hot election and hard leaning folks aren't even cognizant of it.
    I am pretty sure those aren’t “undecided” or Trump voters bud.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I love how what used to be called "basic human decency" is now politically correct wokeness.
    This is exactly what I was talking about. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Speaking for myself and perhaps some here: Trying rather hard and utilizing every drop of intestinal fortitude to take the high road and not speak ill of the dead.
    We speak ill of the dead all the time though.

“Twenty-nine times in American history there has been an open Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential election year, or in a lame-duck session before the next presidential inauguration. The president made a nomination in all twenty-nine cases.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...cancy-in-2020/
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Repeal the 17th amendment?
    I honestly don't think most state legislatures would appoint more even tempered people to the Senate, but maybe I'm wrong.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

So much is at stake. Free speech and the RKBA are threatened. Racial quotas, selective enforcement of laws, and public slandering in the workplace are common. We desperately need a Supreme Court that can temper this extremism before it becomes the law of the land.

It’s not the issues (eg. obviously racism is bad) but the loss of our rights that is by far most important.

Who wins the presidency or controls the senate is trivial by comparison.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No points for guessing who said these quotes:

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

"Our view is this: Give the people a voice in the filling of this vacancy."
    Cocaine Mitch....what do I win!?!?!?

I think it’s cute how the Dems now want to wait until after the election, when they wanted Obama to run through his nominee.

It’s also cute how Mitch wants to put one through instead of waiting like they did last time.

The whole thing is a shit show and people will fight on both sides of the aisle as will people on message boards.

“MORAL INDIGNATION AND OUTRAGE!!!!!”

I’ll just be sitting back making fun of those people.

User Tag List