Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #revolvermasterrace

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Weren't you talking about getting a revolver?
    Yeah I thought I had a trade going for a LCRx 3" .357 but it fell through. I wasn't really sure that is what I wanted anyway hence the "talk me out of it" post I made.

I think I might like a 3" K frame or something like it for concealed carry for when I can't take a Glock 19 or P365. I have my M66-2 4" square butt I could use but it would not be ideal. I can always fall back on my M638 or 642 so it really isn't a big deal. I'm just planning ahead for more restrictive laws that may be on the horizon.

Forgiven: consider getting your 66 roundbutted. When I first made plainclothes decades ago, I was a poor cop with wife and family. Only had a Model 19 4". That square butt had to go, as there was no money for a new firearm. Brownells has the tools to round butt. It's what I did and an IWB in summer and an OWB in winter worked well. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Forgiven: consider getting your 66 roundbutted. When I first made plainclothes decades ago, I was a poor cop with wife and family. Only had a Model 19 4". That square butt had to go, as there was no money for a new firearm. Brownells has the tools to round butt. It's what I did and an IWB in summer and an OWB in winter worked well. Just a thought.
    That's a possibility for sure. I was also thinking of magna style grips and a Tyler T-Grip might do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    I found these:

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/smith...ame+&results=4

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Yeah I thought I had a trade going for a LCRx 3" .357 but it fell through. I wasn't really sure that is what I wanted anyway hence the "talk me out of it" post I made.

I think I might like a 3" K frame or something like it for concealed carry for when I can't take a Glock 19 or P365. I have my M66-2 4" square butt I could use but it would not be ideal. I can always fall back on my M638 or 642 so it really isn't a big deal. I'm just planning ahead for more restrictive laws that may be on the horizon.
    I am having a really hard time envisioning a situation in which you could not carry a Glock 19 or Sig P365 but could carry a 3” K-frame. I have been carrying my P365 most days, and with 10 round flat base par magazines, I can pocket carry it.

When and where are you thinking of carrying whatever new gun you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

$32 is very reasonable but I winged it with my m64.
    Name:  KIMG1326_JPG-990719~2.jpeg
Views: 496
Size:  13.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am having a really hard time envisioning a situation in which you could not carry a Glock 19 or Sig P365 but could carry a 3” K-frame. I have been carrying my P365 most days, and with 10 round flat base par magazines, I can pocket carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My P365 is in my pocket as I type this. I pocket carry it almost everyday.

I am probably "future trippin'" just a bit....

I am licenced to carry in 40 states and I am retiring in 3.5 years and will be traveling, Lord willing. I will be spending a lot of time crossing the Colorado River between AZ and CA. It light of this plus the evolving political situation, I am in the process of putting together tools that are legal in most places with relatively "non-threatening" looks. I plan to take revolvers, a lever action carbine and perhaps a pump shotgun. All traditional looking, wood stocks, standard sights, no black plastic, pure Fudd.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    $32 is very reasonable but I winged it with my m64.
    Name:  KIMG1326_JPG-990719~2.jpeg
Views: 496
Size:  13.3 KB

NICE!

I would be more willing to do it to a beater M64 ....

You know, the M64 4" I fixed up for my wife has a factory round butt. Don't think I can talk her out of it, she dearly loves it.. Maybe she would let me "borrow" it!

Site Supporter
    QUOTE=BillSWPA;1134095]I am having a really hard time envisioning a situation in which you could not carry a Glock 19 or Sig P365 but could carry a 3” K-frame. I have been carrying my P365 most days, and with 10 round flat base par magazines, I can pocket carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Carry guns are like underwear. What is workable for one person is torture to his neighbor.
    A round butt 3” K carried IWB is my go to off duty gun when my hips and back act up.
    The Glock 23 slide presses into my right hip at the right spot to cause pain.
    A 3” K does not press that spot and the round butt and spur less hammer of my M64 NY-1 slightly aids concealment and doesn’t snag on clothing.Name:  EF1E5E27-4B9F-41DB-BA60-B011E7101FB2.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  51.7 KB
    Last edited by deputyG23; 10-30-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    My P365 is in my pocket as I type this. I pocket carry it almost everyday.

I am probably "future trippin'" just a bit....

I am licenced to carry in 40 states and I am retiring in 3.5 years and will be traveling, Lord willing. I will be spending a lot of time crossing the Colorado River between AZ and CA. It light of this plus the evolving political situation, I am in the process of putting together tools that are legal in most places with relatively "non-threatening" looks. I plan to take revolvers, a lever action carbine and perhaps a pump shotgun. All traditional looking, wood stocks, standard sights, no black plastic, pure Fudd.
    This makes a lot of sense.

Be careful when going into some of those more restrictive states. I am not familiar with CA law, but at least some states require having some type of license or firearms purchaser ID card in order to possess at least certain types of guns outside the home (or even in the home), even unloaded and locked up for transportation.

User Tag List