Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "SAS" Style

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    This is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread title.

Is that a 226 mag in a 228? In his holster.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My guess would be an older 20 rd. “SWAT” mag (not my terminology) in a P226. They pop up on GB fairly regularly and go for prices so high that you’d literally think you were buying them on the London black market.

Pic:
    Name:  71CAB3C5-FC4F-4288-A2C6-50ACFCD19C06.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  80.2 KB

Site Supporter
    I did once snag the slide release of a Glock on the thumb break of an inexpensive nylon holster. My solution was to exercise better judgment in holster selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    I must have misunderstood your comment.
    I checked the SIG site this evening, and unfortunately, the gimmicky is still strong.

Attachment 68293

Even Snoop would pass on this.

Is it something in the water that causes this? Too much dissolved granite?
    Ah, yes—the “rainbow titanium.”

Kinda sounds like one of Zoolander’s signature “looks.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    When I see shit like that, it makes me wonder what other "improvements" someone might have made with their Dremel tool.
    I did the same thing on my Gen2 G19. It’s been my primary CCW for more than 20 years. Also shot a little USPSA and a lot of IDPA with it. My thumb would inadvertently depress the slide stop so it never locked back on empties. Using an empty mag or a careful fingernail to lock the slide open administratively, when (rarely) called for was the lesser of two evils.

I never called it SAS or anything else. Didn’t know I was being trendy or anti-trendy. It just worked for me...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Pretty sure this photo was taken during Princess Gate. That would mean that it’s Browning Hi Power w/ 20 round mag.

I “may” have a couple from my way back machine hidden in an undisclosed location..

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    This is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread title.

Me too....

I can still hear the music from “The Final Option” playing in my head whenever I see those photos.

I guess that dates me....
    Last edited by Suvorov; 03-03-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Pretty sure this photo was taken during Princess Gate. That would mean that it’s Browning Hi Power w/ 20 round mag.
    That was my first thought as well, but it looks like there are 2 grip screws in pretty much the center of the grips. I’m no Hi Power expert, but since they typically just have the one grip screw in the back, I assumed this was later in time and a training/promo shot instead. Could be wrong, of course.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    That was my first thought as well, but it looks like there are 2 grip screws in pretty much the center of the grips. I’m no Hi Power expert, but since they typically just have the one grip screw in the back, I assumed this was later in time and a training/promo shot instead. Could be wrong, of course.
    I noticed that as well, but *if* this photo was taken during Princess Gate, then the 226 wasn't even made yet and certainly not SAS issue. Maybe it is some other pistol but I can't think of what it is and maybe the photo was taken decades later after the SAS adopted the SIG, but then the rest of his kit looks out of place?

It is kind of interesting.......

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I noticed that as well, but *if* this photo was taken during Princess Gate, then the 226 wasn't even made yet and certainly not SAS issue. Maybe it is some other pistol but I can't think of what it is and maybe the photo was taken decades later after the SAS adopted the SIG, but then the rest of his kit looks out of place?

It is kind of interesting.......
    I spent way too much time looking at pics of the Iranian Embassy this morning (a definite perk of telephonic meetings), and I don't see anywhere where the building facade looks like the brickwork in this photo, so I'm guessing it's a later photo? Could also be a movie or reenactment where they used the current P226 vs. the period correct BHP? All in all, it does seem like there's some sort of a glitch in the Matrix...

User Tag List