Page 79 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Shirley you’re can’t be serious.

EDIT Good Lord. https://www.wisconsincheese.com/reci...d-cheese-curds
    Notice the absence of nutritional information. If you have a need to know the calories and carbs, you have no need to eat those tasty morsels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Taking the all the money and buying Snap-On stock:

Snap-on has paid consecutive quarterly cash dividends without interruption or reduction, since 1939

Better than McDonalds:

McDonald’s has raised its dividend each and every year since paying its first dividend in 1976. Beginning in 1976 and through 2000, McDonald’s paid a quarterly dividend. From 2001 to 2007 the Company transitioned to offering annual dividends. Starting again in 2008, dividends are paid on a quarterly basis.

PM me for additional stock tips!
    A company that sells $100 screwdrivers to broke mechanics at 10% interest doesn't seem like a good investment in the middle of a global recession. I love me some snap on tools, but it seems like a bad time to own their stock. Most/all of their tool trucks are independent dealers working on a franchise model and those guys are going broke, too, which means less tool sales for corporate.

In previous times, I would agree. The stock market is so unhinged from reality right now that I'm not comfortable predicting anything. We had the worst economic activity on record, and the market is setting records. Who knows what will happen to stock prices. I've been threatening to go to cash for almost a decade...because the bubble has to pop sometime, right? Well, I'm glad I haven't listened to myself...yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

That news of L.E. taking out the trash made my morning as I head to my LEOSA qual. Excellent.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Opinion that Rittenhouse walks from someone not sympathetic to Kyle's side of the political spectrum:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...zn4-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    In previous times, I would agree. The stock market is so unhinged from reality right now that I'm not comfortable predicting anything. We had the worst economic activity on record, and the market is setting records. Who knows what will happen to stock prices. I've been threatening to go to cash for almost a decade...because the bubble has to pop sometime, right? Well, I'm glad I haven't listened to myself...yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    The bubble will probably pop but everything I read suggests that the economy is still pretty strong.

It's pretty scary but some companies are going to prosper even in a pandemic. Unemployment trend is reversing and only certain sectors are taking the brunt of covid. I've made about 30K in the market in the last 2 months. I'm taking only the minimum required by IRS and leaving the rest in the market. One should never try to time the market and should always stay invested. I might lose that 30K in the next few months but long term I'll still be in the game. I've averaged about 8% in the last 15 years.

The election is going to weigh heavily on the market and many are going to panic with the outcome. I think mostly due to higher taxes coming. Boomers are setting on a lot of money and looking for investment opportunities. I know, it isn't fair, but I didn't make the rules. OK boomer.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Opinion that Rittenhouse walks from someone not sympathetic to Kyle's side of the political spectrum:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...zn4-story.html
    That assessment seems to mirror what most of us here have been saying, apart from the "open carry of any gun should be banned for civilians" opinion of the writer. I can see where Rittenhouse might get caught on the "minor carrying a gun is illegal" part of the equation, but I have a hard time understanding how the actual shootings could be classed as being other than self defense, presuming the prosecution doesn't have magical powers of persuasion and that Rittenhouse's counsel is competent.

Site Supporter
    There seems to be quite a bit of reasonable doubt in this one. I think (what do I know) that a jury could easily contain members who would feel that way.

As an aside, I do think a move to ban OC of long guns is a possibility. Both sides of the aisle might go for it on a state level. Have a big shoot out with modern sporting rifles (my favorite stupid term) and it would be a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There seems to be quite a bit of reasonable doubt in this one. I think (what do I know) that a jury could easily contain members who would feel that way.

As an aside, I do think a move to ban OC of long guns is a possibility. Both sides of the aisle might go for it on a state level. Have a big shoot out with modern sporting rifles (my favorite stupid term) and it would be a go.
    I think so too. There have been too many to count displays of bravado and implied willingness to go all Bosnia all over the country. From purely marching down the streets, to pushing into state capitals. It's a pretty stupid stunt and I'll be surprised if the stupid doesn't create that blowback.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I think so too. There have been too many to count displays of bravado and implied willingness to go all Bosnia all over the country. From purely marching down the streets, to pushing into state capitals. It's a pretty stupid stunt and I'll be surprised if the stupid doesn't create that blowback.
    Currently in Alabama open carry of a long arm is legal, but it’s illegal to carry any firearms even with a ccw to a public protest, rally or march.

I’m not sure how the state would enforce it in some of the situations you mention though.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List