Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA and Corona

South Florida. Shot a match yesterday, 100+ shooters.
    Brought my own timer to run shooters, didn't shake any hands.
    Brought wipes and used a few during the match.
    Very physically active but 70 is still 70, so I checked with Drs. to see if any meds might undermine my immune system.
    They said no. So I shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    At the risk of being provocative - are you saying that avoiding large crowds is not a good idea?
    Or are you just feeling annoyed that someone is telling you to do that?
    I'm saying that
    A) I will continue my life as planned, changing nothing
    B) I highly doubt the state government has the legal authority to do some of the things it has done.

I hate crowds, so avoiding them isn't something I'm doing for the good of society

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Thank God he put the threshold at 100.

That means I can still take the Greyhound.
    A. Not talking to you

B. Please attempt to lower the “troll” / “helpful to others” ratio going forward. It’s been awfully high lately.

I understand that you’re new here, but Pistol-Forum has a tradition of being a better shooting forum, with a much higher signal to noise ratio than most others- no matter what we’re talking about. We do have a Romper Room where folks are free to be silly, but this isn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    South Florida. Shot a match yesterday, 100+ shooters.
    Brought my own timer to run shooters, didn't shake any hands.
    Brought wipes and used a few during the match.
    Very physically active but 70 is still 70, so I checked with Drs. to see if any meds might undermine my immune system.
    They said no. So I shot.
    Homestead? I work down there if you ever want to have a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Homestead? I work down there if you ever want to have a beer.
    Based on your behavior in this thread, I don't think anyone is going to want to meet up with you and have a beer.

---------

Couple of idiots in this thread...Repeat after me. "This isn't about you or me. This is about flattening the curve so our health system isn't overwhelmed and lessening the risk to the most vulnerable portions of the population. Do the right thing, put your personal preferences and misinformed beliefs to the side for a few weeks and listen to the experts. If you do, hopefully we will get to the other side of this in better shape than if we didn't listen to them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I highly doubt the state government has the legal authority to do some of the things it has done.
    Citation needed. Courts tend to be extremely deferential towards measures the executive and legislative branches implement to deal with infectious disease. See generally https://www.lawfareblog.com/quaranti...ected-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Citation needed.
    Citation needed for what? You're asking me to disprove a negative.

If I had found statutory authority in the Ohio Revised Code for school closures (particularly government ordered closure of private schools) and limitations on the number of people who can assemble in private I wouldn't be raising the topic.

Tuesday Night Steel at Rio:

Good Evening Shooters,

We regret to inform you that we are cancelling TNS for March 17th in wake of the new CDC recommendations that were announced today. We will send updates as we make decisions on a weekly basis.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Ohio's governor did the same thing earlier this week. I've spent hours searching the Ohio Revised Code for his authority to do so and still have come up empty.

To be completely honest, fuck that shit until I can see for myself statutory authority. And maybe even then.
    There is a national emergency order.

If a quarantine can’t be enforce under OH law it can be enforced under federal law.

See 42 US code sections 264 through 271.

See also 42 Code of Federal Regulations part 70.

Citation needed for what? You're asking me to disprove a negative.

If I had found statutory authority in the Ohio Revised Code for school closures (particularly government ordered closure of private schools) and limitations on the number of people who can assemble in private I wouldn't be raising the topic.
    Check out Illinois' governor's comments in this article. Comes across as very nanny-state IMO.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...vme-story.html

User Tag List