Page 10 of 221 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

If you look for "One Source Tactical" at Google, you can get it there.
    The holster didnīt work well for me, so Iīm still happy with the Safariland #27 for AIWB.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Link works for me but didn't see the Archangel listed on his site. Looks like OST is the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I carry a G19 AWIB everyday.
    This is the same for me any day that I can wear a shirt not tucked in. I have no problems with it whatsoever and have taken courses with it. I occasionally wear a G17 but the butt is harder to conceal. If my shirt is tighter, I use a G26 with NO printing whatsoever. Please note, I use a the same holster for all three and its the length of a G17 so that the gun stays stable and doesn't tip over the waistband.

From personal experience I've carried AIWB since the 80's working UC in Miami. Bad guys don't use holsters and this is where they shove their guns, so we did too. These days I like the Looper Holster, Kydex just gives me more of a warm fuzzy when reholstering. But, having said that, I don't teach AIWB to any but the most advanced students for all the reasons laid out here, especially by ToddG at the very start of this thread. I believe it's an old idea, with a lot of merit, but one that needs to be approached with extensive training. I'm not sure what my insurance liability would be for a student's ballistic vasectomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    If you look for "One Source Tactical" at Google, you can get it there.
    The holster didnīt work well for me, so Iīm still happy with the Safariland #27 for AIWB.
    I checked OST, but they don't have one listed for a Heckler & Koch P30.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Quote Originally Posted by hombre gris View Post
    I would contact Dale directly, he is very accommodating.

Hombre...
    I have a shaggy you can borrow to try out if you would like. I would need it back though, just so you can have a trial run to see if you like it before you spend your money.

I'm in SA Texas so if your close you can pick it up or I can ship it to you.
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 03-07-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: added info

PM Sent
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    ...Not to speak for SLG, but the holsters he and I have been working on (along with others) for the past couple of years have been focused on allowing folks to ditch the mouse gun and move up to a full (or "fuller") sized pistol without diminishing concealability or comfort.
    Interesting notion here.

I carry a subcompact primarily because it conceals best on my fairly short/stocky frame with my Crossbreed Supertuck at about 4:30. (I'm about 5'7", 185 lbs.). I'm very interested in AIWB, as my drawstroke from the 4:30 position is smooth but it's super SLOOOOOOWW when comparing with drawing from appendix. The sweeping/reaching has to add at least half a second to the presentation, and clearing a garment fully when the pistol is behind your hip is never a 100% thing. The movements from appendix location are far more natural and immediate.

Now, it's just dawned on me that moving to AIWB will not only enable me to carry more naturally, comfortably and with deeper concealment----but it will allow me to move to a fuller sized pistol, which will likely facilitate better/easier handling and overall shooting. Good stuff.

Now, if only there were a high-quality holster that didn't require a year's wait.

Anyone have any experience with Garrett Industries' Silent Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Link works for me but didn't see the Archangel listed on his site. Looks like OST is the best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by hombre gris View Post
    EMAIL Dale Fricke at his web site.

User Tag List