Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: DB diatribe on triggers

Quote Originally Posted by txhorns View Post
    Given the multitude of LEM triggers, is there a consensus as to whether or not certain LEM triggers (heavier) provide a significantly higher margin of safety over others (lighter)? Specific LEM variants are rarely discussed in these type of threads.

I'm thinking of getting back into the P30 LEM game after a long break, what's the current cool kid variant these days? I sure see a lot more V1's nowadays.
    The "Todd Green" setup is my favorite: heavy trigger return/rebound spring, light firing pin block spring and the V1 hammer spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have used them all and like the V1 best.

DB, it's really good to read this ^^^. I've felt that way ever since I bought my first H&KP30SK, which was a V3. I was so eager to get the P30SK that I took the first one that came in. It wasn't until I had dry fired it for a bit that I realized I had the wrong one - for me, anyway. Because my FFL is a saint, I was able to return it and get the V1, which has been my EDC ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have used them all and like the V1 best.
    Same. I will still choose the V3 DA/SA over it though. But I cheat and have the trigger worked over

Standard P2000 V2 for me.
    The lighter trigger return springs of the other variants don't give me the reset characteristics I prefer.
    I also prefer the heavier mainspring and firing pin block springs for a little more reliability cushion under dry, silty desert conditions.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-17-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I've tried V1, V2 and TGS and liked certain characteristics of each trigger but never dedicated enough time to pick a favorite. I always found that V1 was the easiest to pick up and shoot after a long break from LEM or shooting all together which is a big positive for me.

Appreciate the responses, great thread.

I have mine set up TLG with a nickel flat spring. Quite happy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Standard P2000 V2 for me.
    The lighter trigger return springs of the other variants don't give me the reset characteristics I prefer.
    I also prefer the heavier mainspring and firing pin block springs for a little more reliability cushion under dry, silty desert conditions.

I agree with Jody. I was running the v2 in both my P2000 and my P2000sk and it worked well.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Whoever previously owned my USP compact converted it to heavy LEM and I dig it. Enough weight at the break to have some tactile reminder that I'm on the trigger when wearing gloves. Heavier takeup to make the break less of a sight-shifting speed bump when quickly rolling through a shot rather than staging. It's a lot like a longer Glock trigger so easing my transition may admittedly bias me.

I'm curious if DB's principle crosses over in any way to long guns. Is there anything different about the long gun platform that makes it any more or less suitable for people/threat management, given that we don't have the trigger options that exist in the handgun world? I'm not aware of any "long stroke" rifle/shotgun gun triggers, so I'm thinking that the potential ballistic and accuracy advantages of the long gun are worth the "cost" of the short stroke trigger in a highly stressful, dynamic situation. But, I have no experience to base this on. For those who have experienced or investigated OIS, or who have had the threat behavior change such that you avoided an OIS, can you comment at all on how this relates?

THANK YOU to DB and the other experienced posters who have made this an invaluable thread.

At one time Mossberg offered a heavier trigger in some of the pump shotguns. That's the long gun I'm aware of that was marketed that way.

User Tag List