Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Thanks. I actually ordered one from them a few days ago and forgot to update here. Should be delivered later today.

I haven't had a chance to test the light output out in the dark yet, but so far I really like the high switch. The switch is in a good location and has a good tactile click when used. The light also mounts to a Gen 5 Glock 19 much more securely than any of the Surefire XC-1 options I tried previously.

I have a JMCK holster on the way, but can confirm it fits in the Tenicor Sagax Lux just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I haven't had a chance to test the light output out in the dark yet, but so far I really like the high switch. The switch is in a good location and has a good tactile click when used. The light also mounts to a Gen 5 Glock 19 much more securely than any of the Surefire XC-1 options I tried previously.

I have a JMCK holster on the way, but can confirm it fits in the Tenicor Sagax Lux just fine.
    Same here, fits the Sagax Lux great, still mostly carrying a Roland style build in a Tenicor Malus Sol with the X300U. The TLR7A has made a great alternative though.

I just received my TLR-8ag from Optics Planet. The High switch is excellent, and is easy for trigger finger activation.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Nice, but I still prefer my SureFire XC1 more.

I put 200 rounds through the P-07 with TLR-8GA/High switch today, and am very impressed. The green laser is daylight visible to 50 yds, and it was quite easy to hit a 10" plate at that distance. It's almost too bright in the dark. Activation is the best I've used. It's very ergonomic to activate momentary with the support side thumb, but also easy to tap to constant on with the trigger finger.

Now, all I need is for Tony to update his moulds so I can buy a JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5, and OWB 2 for this combination...

I’m very happy with my TLR7A with the high switch too. I got a holster from Tony last week and it’s great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusoryniel View Post
    Nice, but I still prefer my SureFire XC1 more.
    Would you be willing to share why? I found my XC1 terribly lacking. It has enough throw to light up the inside of a phone booth. I couldn't imagine using it for LE/defensive use.

The TLR-7/8 series are what we've been asking for in the shooting community for a very long time - compact AND bright/useful. The SF XC1 is just compact...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just received my TLR-8ag from Optics Planet. The High switch is excellent, and is easy for trigger finger activation.

What holster are you using with that set up

Disregard...saw your follow up post

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    What holster are you using with that set up?
    I don't have one yet... waiting on Tony Mayer to catch up on his moulds. Then will order a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5.

User Tag List