Page 447 of 819 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Tiger King

Wife tried to explain the podcast and I did not get it. Now we finished the series and I see why I didn’t. These people in the documentary are even weirder than any fictional characters ever created. You could not make this cast of characters up. Three things:
    Meth is a helluva drug even moreso in rural OK.
    Big cat people are....well, you just have to watch it.
    I say somebody needs to look under the septic tank and polygraph the hell out of Carol.

We watched the first episode of Tiger King but neither my wife nor myself have as yet felt any compulsion to continue with it. Maybe it's because I've met another meth heads and lunatics in my life to last a lifetime. I'll save it in case curiosity gets the better of me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    We binged The Mandalorian this week, and started binging Picard last night.

Enjoyed Mandalorian very much. A lot of western vibe from it. Interesting cast, some are excellent actors.

Picard is so good. Very appealing. Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    We binged The Mandalorian this week, and started binging Picard last night.

Enjoyed Mandalorian very much. A lot of western vibe from it. Interesting cast, some are excellent actors.

Picard is so good. Very appealing. Deep.
    I liked Picard a lot, up until the last ep which seemed to be a complete return to old tone of TNG. The "save" seemed pretty Deus ex Machina to me. Not horrible, and I am interested in season two.

The "Short Trek" bits for "Discovery" are mostly great. The Harry Mudd one is my favorite so far.

Season two of Discovery was a bit better than season one. Looking forward to season three.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I liked Picard a lot, up until the last ep which seemed to be a complete return to old tone of TNG. The "save" seemed pretty Deus ex Machina to me. Not horrible, and I am interested in season two.

The "Short Trek" bits for "Discovery" are mostly great. The Harry Mudd one is my favorite so far.

Season two of Discovery was a bit better than season one. Looking forward to season three.
    We’ll probably do Discovery after we get through this season of Picard. We are Trek nerds, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    We’ll probably do Discovery after we get through this season of Picard. We are Trek nerds, after all.
    The first two eps aren't very good; it gets far better from there, with the typical YMMV for Trek fans. I think they would have been better off starting the show in media res.

Season two has much in common with Picard. I hope they end up connecting the similar plot lines in both shows.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Season 2 of "Happy!" is now on Netflix. I haven't started it yet (still working on the new season of "Ozark"), but I really liked the first season. It was hilarious.
    Season 1 was hilarious, but Season 2 wasn't quite the same. We didn't finish watching it.

Site Supporter
    "A Letter to Three Wives." 1949. Jeanne Crain, Linda Darnell, Ann Sothern, Kirk Douglas, Paul Douglas, Jeffery Lynn.

These three wives are boarding a boat filled with children going on a picnic when a messenger on a bicycle hands them a letter addressed to all three from Addie who has just left town with one of their husbands. They won't know which one until that night.

Just a lot of fun in a classic way.

I'm a Security Guard at the public Library. We are closed to the public except for drive-through. They are letting me continue to work. Trying to keep busy I've volunteered to put updated info stickers on our DVDs. (Number that can be checked out and fine amounts.)
    I'm running across some great old movies. And, some maybe not so great. "Knight of the Spiders," William Shatner. - Cover says it's a "cult classic."

I didn't know there were so many iterations of "Mr. Roberts." I knew about the 1964 version with Burl Ives and Walter Matthau, but not the 1955 version, or the stage play version that was filmed.

I have watched the first 4-5 eps of "Strange Angel" on CBS All Access with my wife. Sex, explosions, rockets, the occult, politics in academia ...what more could you want?

Well done, and I love the actors, but I am bracing myself for disappointment with only two short seasons. Jack Parsons' weird, brief, but incredibly interesting life deserves more than that. I was mostly familiar with him for the involvement he had with L.Ron Hubbard, but that was really more a coda to the more interesting parts of his life than a central event. Some folks claim that JPL really stands for "Jack Parsons' Laboratory" or "Jack Parsons Lives!"

Mr. Parsons comes across as equal parts genius and charlatan, just as much a rube as a con-man. You know, a real American. 😉
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I didn't know there were so many iterations of "Mr. Roberts." I knew about the 1964 version with Burl Ives and Walter Matthau, but not the 1955 version, or the stage play version that was filmed.

Wow. You had me go off looking, because I had never heard of the 1964 version of Mr. Roberts. I knew the famous 1955 version with Henry Fonda (pretty much every memorial day), as well as the 1984 tv version (haven't seen in decades, no comparison).
    That said, the 1964, ISN'T Mr. Roberts, but Ensign Pulver. An OK movie in its own right, but no Mr. Roberts.

As long as your in a war movie thing, there are several versions as what they did in the play, was deemed inappropriate by the censors, but was in the movie; check out No Time For Sergeants.

User Tag List