Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Armorer Course?

Vending Machine Operator
    Hey, my thread from back when I was a P-F newbie! Look how committed I was to the 92. 2014 LB would be flipping over in his grave about how much I've gravitated to strikers. At least I still love the 92.

And would still be totally interested in a class like this.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Ernest and I have talked about HiTS hosting a two day 92 class. One day running the guns and one working on them. We have a perfect facility for it along with a Beretta Gallery in the area. DALLAS is 3 hours from most folks. I hope we can book this in 2019.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Ernest and I have talked about HiTS hosting a two day 92 class. One day running the guns and one working on them. We have a perfect facility for it along with a Beretta Gallery in the area. DALLAS is 3 hours from most folks. I hope we can book this in 2019.
    That mighy be something I would go to. It is 3 hours from me....

Vending Machine Operator
    I also know a cute girl who lives there and I love Mexican food, so, you know, multitasking.

Jokes aside that sounds awesome.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-14-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Sorry to keep digging some of these older threads but I was searching the forums and could not help but resurrect this one since we are in the golden age of Beretta 92 with the release of your LTT.

Just wanted to bring the discussion to the forefront. Even if a class is not a possibility. I would happily pay money for a high-quality download video of Ernest walking through the important areas of consideration on a 92 and how to address them. I think it would be a great idea and again would be happy to buy a download of something of that nature.

I have had the discussion with several people over the years. Beretta has the kits and the guns, but they are reserved for LE only classes.

I just did a class in California for an LE agency. One day Armorer's school and one day TDA shooting skills. It was very well received and I enjoyed doing the class.

To really do it correctly, I would need to provide tools to the student (I simply could not rely on everyone bringing the right stuff). The smart way to do that is the student gets to keep the tools, but that would drive up the cost of the class. Also, everyone would need a gun that they were willing to take apart and possibly scratch up.

It could be done, but it would be an expensive class I think because of the tools.

The video idea is a good one. I just need to clone myself so I can get more done.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Now that'd be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have had the discussion with several people over the years. Beretta has the kits and the guns, but they are reserved for LE only classes.

I just did a class in California for an LE agency. One day Armorer's school and one day TDA shooting skills. It was very well received and I enjoyed doing the class.

To really do it correctly, I would need to provide tools to the student (I simply could not rely on everyone bringing the right stuff). The smart way to do that is the student gets to keep the tools, but that would drive up the cost of the class. Also, everyone would need a gun that they were willing to take apart and possibly scratch up.

It could be done, but it would be an expensive class I think because of the tools.

The video idea is a good one. I just need to clone myself so I can get more done.
    Cloning is good! Seriously, your video on how to strip and put back together a 92 is terrific--it got my courage up about reinstalling the sear and I found that it wasn't too difficult after all. You have a gift for these things and it is generally a good idea to go with one's gifts.

I wonder if a group buy of LE trade in pistols could be arranged so the class could all get into a beater pistol somewhat cheap, and refurb it over the course of the class, and then shoot it day 2 (or 3?). Kinda like what Jim Fuller does with his AK builder classes.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

I think you would be surprised. Vickers fills his 1911 classes and this would be far less money.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I wonder if a group buy of LE trade in pistols could be arranged so the class could all get into a beater pistol somewhat cheap, and refurb it over the course of the class, and then shoot it day 2 (or 3?). Kinda like what Jim Fuller does with his AK builder classes.
    That sounds great, it would be the FFL transfer issue. Everyone would have to come with their own gun, or we would have to ship the guns to you after.

We would need to put some thought into the logistics of this one.

But, it would let people tweak the LE trade-in gun. Say, add the G conversion kit, new springs, and firing pin, extended mag button, grips, etc.

Interesting!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List