Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump picks Amy Coney Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So she upheld qualified immunity for officers making a reasonable “good faith” effort to do their job properly, which is what qualified immunity is intended for and she denied qualified immunity to officers engaging in misconduct?

If I have that right this LEO is just fine with her take on qualified immunity and I suspect most LEOs will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I don't think "most LEOs" are down with perjury, assault, and retaliatory dishonesty. Most LEOs I know take their integrity quite seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    If you think that “won’t thrill most LEO’s”, I suspect that you, like most outside of LE, don’t have a very good understanding of what QI actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Uhhhh...so she thinks QI means what QI means and applies it that way? Yea, I’m good with that.
    What they said. I’m quite happy with how Judge Barrett seems to rule regarding QI.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sen. Mike Lee of UT is kicking ass...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I missed it! But.... YouTube has the replay... Lee starts about the 24 minute mark. Watching now.

ETA: Enjoyed that immensely.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-22-2020 at 09:32 AM.

I don't understand the posters(at the hearing just now) If you want to vote no vote no. That's childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I don't understand the posters(at the hearing just now) If you want to vote no vote no. That's childish.
    Agreed. But then they can pretend it was a matter of principle, and not a swipe at her specifically. The equivalent of weasel wording by an attorney.

(And I don't mean to indict all attorneys, I've worked with several excellent ones over the years. But you know the type I'm referring to.)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I missed it! But.... YouTube has the replay... Lee starts about the 24 minute mark. Watching now.
    Thanks for posting that, I would have missed it. As a guy in my 60's, Sen Lee is saying it as I remember it.

I'm OK with the Democrats seeing these events through a different prism, that's what makes elections, but that the media cannot bring themselves to see these events, or at least accurately report them, over the past three plus decades the same way Sen Lee presents them, is what saddens me.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Thanks for posting that, I would have missed it. As a guy in my 60's, Sen Lee is saying it as I remember it.

I'm OK with the Democrats seeing these events through a different prism, that's what makes elections, but that the media cannot bring themselves to see these events, or at least accurately report them, over the past three plus decades the same way Sen Lee presents them, is what saddens me.
    Exactly. Selective, agenda driven reportage is not "news". It's a political op-ed disguised as news. The American people and the "truth" are the victims of this deceit.

(And I don't care which side of the divide the deceit emanates from...garbage is garbage.)

Site Supporter
    Exactly. Selective, agenda driven reportage is not "news". It's a political op-ed disguised as news. The American people and the "truth" are the victims of this deceit...
    When was the MSM taken over? Was it so gradual that we didn't notice? Was it the money people that own news outlets shaping the news for their benefit? [Why did Bloomberg just pop 100 million in the Florida election? Does he think he can buy the Florida election?]

It's out in the open now. Can it be fixed?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List