Page 95 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    Thank you for posting this...the Guard has been fighting, killing, and dying in the GWOT non-stop for almost 2 decades.
    Yep, same as active military when federalized. MSM is reporting that they will not be federalized for riots unless requested by governors. There is no reason for that as governors have full authority to use them to quell riots.

This is a summary based on the covid situation but it's still relevant.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2...eneral/163930/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I guess Austin is handling it right...if homeless people having their stuff burned and setting cars on fire under I35 is the “right” way.

Two things:

1) There can be both rioters and protesters at the same time. A protester uses non-violent means to convey a measage. A rioter creates and subsequently uses chaos to conduct criminal acts. There is a pretty clear way to tell them apart. If people are marching, chanting, kneeling, talking, but otherwise not engaged in criminal acts they are PROTESTERS. If they are throwing things, looting, vandalizing, or attacking people they are rioters.
    Problem is the two don't always maintain orderly segregation, and when a protestor's girlfriend gets nailed with a pepperball, etc. The transition from protestor to rioter is easy-peasey.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    2) POTUS is a fucking moron. And he isn’t doing us any favors tear gassing a crowd and subsequently holding up a bible and talking about “mah rights”.

In fact, I’m pretty sure in Dale Carnegie’s seminal work, “How to Win Friends and Influence People”, Chapter 1 begins with, “Do not launch tear gas into a crowd and subsequently stand on a pulpit and attempt to preach at them.”

Chapter 2 says, “Do not make inflammatory tweets.”
    Was Dale Carnegie the dude that built all the libraries, or the dude who played Dicky Fox, the guy who mentored Jerry Maguire?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    What folks don't seem to understand is that it is legitimately hard, if not impossible to migrate to the land o' opportunity, if you are working a low-paying job and have a family. Especially if you are not blessed with at least average intelligence.
    No doubt.

I used to negotiate a lot of union contracts, some in formerly robust but dying steelmaking-type areas. There was a distinct underlying sadness among many of the employees, including many of the hardest steelworker’s union officer types, that there was nothing there for their kids, with the result that they, whose extended families had lived there longer than forever, probably wouldn’t be able to see their grandkids grow up nearby.

On the other hand, other than those brought here on slave ships who didn’t have a choice, these are the descendants of people who probably weren’t any smarter than they are, and who left everything and everyone they knew behind and made the decision to head off, without any money, to a strange place where they didn’t speak the language to make a better life for themselves and their children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    No doubt.

I used to negotiate a lot of union contracts, some in formerly robust but dying steelmaking-type areas. There was a distinct underlying sadness among many of the employees, including many of the hardest steelworker’s union officer types, that there was nothing there for their kids, with the result that they, whose extended families had lived there longer than forever, probably wouldn’t be able to see their grandkids grow up nearby.

On the other hand, other than those brought here on slave ships who didn’t have a choice, these are the descendants of people who probably weren’t any smarter than they are, and who left everything and everyone they knew behind and made the decision to head off, without any money, to a strange place where they didn’t speak the language to make a better life for themselves and their children.
    Not to hijack, but You just described the southern border and the illegal immigration problem.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Just declare the same circumstances Trump is. Every step is a step closer to authoritarian ism.
    Ah, so you are going with the "they'll just declare us all rioters". Sure. Can't put down a real riot because, somehow, that means we can all just be declared rioters. Good you saw through this little ruse.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Ah, so you are going with the "they'll just declare us all rioters". Sure. Can't put down a real riot because, somehow, that means we can all just be declared rioters. Good you saw through this little ruse.
    It's simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Just declare the same circumstances Trump is. Every step is a step closer to authoritarian ism.
    Except it's not a step closer. That step was surpassed a few hundred years ago.

Always interesting to hear about the America people think they live in vs the one they actually live in according to our historical precedents and actual laws.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Not to hijack, but You just described the southern border and the illegal immigration problem.
    I feel quite strongly that it’s essential to secure our borders. At the same time I have a soft spot for those who walk across a desert to work what to many of us are shitty jobs.

Topic for a different thread and of course there are more layers and nuance, but up until recently, while our laws didn’t invite them to come, our economy whispered the invitation and decided not to hire bouncers at every entrance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I take that to mean that the autopsy did not reveal things like petechia, ligature marks, crushed trachea, broken hyoid, trauma to the larynx, etc. That doesn’t mean Floyd wasn’t asphyxiated, especially if we’re talking about positional asphyxia. There’s no reason any of the common signs of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation would be present in a case of positional asphyxia. @Dr_Thanatos please correct me if I’m wrong.
    I believe those terms initially released were from the booking papers. The Hennepin County ME office has release the cause of death, manner of death, other significant conditions and how injury occurred as part of releasing the Death Certificate. And I am once again reminded, that is a really good office. Their wording is excellent.

As a side note, use|=intoxication.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    This is not snarky, honest question: how much civil disturbance training do you think guard units have been able to do in the last decade?

I would think not enough because we decided to fight the GWOT on the backs of the guard and reserve so as to not upset America with a draft.

And, trust me I am not saying anything derogatory about the active component - neighbors nephew was Marines, four years, three overseas deployments.

Rant off. Legit question about riot control, though.
    The so called "State Mission" is a standard training set for ARNG as part of the annual training plan. Part of the "GWOT" train-up was heavily focused on interacting with unhappy crowds - our Brigade sized units completed a pre-deployment rotation at the NTC in CA (Heavy units) or CTC in LA (Light units) for several weeks and regularly interacted with role players in civil disturbance scenarios before every deployment overseas. Our Infantry Brigade has made multiple year long deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. The units got a refresher in Civil Disturbance at their Assembly Areas before moving out (that was on FaceBook so not a secret). The last decade provided multiple and extensive training opportunities of every kind imaginable.

Also, as pointed out in earlier thread - lots of law enforcement, EMTs, firemen, correction officers and first responders of every kind represented in the National Guard along with every other kind of trade and skill in our civilian world.

User Tag List