Page 94 of 194 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

I’m hearing that the tox report shows that the deceased was intoxicated with meth and fentanyl.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m hearing that the tox report shows that the deceased was intoxicated with meth and fentanyl.
    Which, if true, would help explain the death but not excuse the treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Other than a host of laws, the fact the military is made up of citizens as well and I doubt some sort of house-to-house gun confiscation is going to latch on among active duty troops in the same way defending infrastructure and citizens against violence is, the fact that a riot =/= owning a gun and that "using the military against protesters" isn't what's happening? Other than that, nothing I suppose.

So, again, walk me how you get from A to B other than "they'll declare us all rioters" or some similar nonsense.
    Just declare the same circumstances Trump is. Every step is a step closer to authoritarian ism.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Really? As a retired senior leader in the ARNG, we do not just "shoot people to restore order". The ARNG is there to support the Police and civilian authorities.
    This is not snarky, honest question: how much civil disturbance training do you think guard units have been able to do in the last decade?

I would think not enough because we decided to fight the GWOT on the backs of the guard and reserve so as to not upset America with a draft.

And, trust me I am not saying anything derogatory about the active component - neighbors nephew was Marines, four years, three overseas deployments.

Rant off. Legit question about riot control, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    They’re saying fentanyl intoxication, meth in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    combined with a willingness to migrate if necessary to where such opportunities are located.
    What folks don't seem to understand is that it is legitimately hard, if not impossible to migrate to the land o' opportunity, if you are working a low-paying job and have a family. Especially if you are not blessed with at least average intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    They’re saying fentanyl intoxication, meth in the past.
    The Hennepin County Medical Examiner released a new autopsy report Monday, ruling George Floyd's death was a homicide. The office said Floyd's heart and lungs stopped functioning "while being restrained" by law enforcement officers.

Floyd died due to "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression," according to the report.

It also specified "other significant conditions," including fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use as well as existing heart disease.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86721...de-by-asphyxia

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    This is not snarky, honest question: how much civil disturbance training do you think guard units have been able to do in the last decade?

I would think not enough because we decided to fight the GWOT on the backs of the guard and reserve so as to not upset America with a draft.

And, trust me I am not saying anything derogatory about the active component - neighbors nephew was Marines, four years, three overseas deployments.

Rant off. Legit question about riot control, though.
    Legit question that I asked a few Guard MPs, myself. @cor_man257 can answer as far as his experience.

My buddy with a Guard MP unit drills riot stuff twice a year, and they have several guys who are corrections officers in their regular day job that help mentor things as well. Keep in mind they're filling in ranks and under the operational control of the PD, which is where the science/art of directing the formations comes in. So, they're adequately trained for what they're doing, considering that many PDs don't drill riots at all unless you're in a specialized disturbance control team.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What stops it? We've seen moves to confiscate in the past. This is just using the military to enforce common sense regulation against armed criminals and terrorists.
    "If the governors won't do it, he will..."

Anything this President will do, the next President will do.

Edit: I don't see our sheriffs and police here anxious to escalate.
    Honestly, I think soldiers would stop it. The politicians in uniform at the top might be eager to please but the average Joe is mostly very pro 2nd amendment, at least in my experience. I can think of very few people in the guard, myself included, that would comply with an order to disarm civilians.

I live in an overwhelmingly liberal state (albeit one with a long history of armed citizens) and I can tell you from first hand experience that our national guard is extremely pro 2nd amendment. I remember a few years back there were a series of homegrown terrorist attacks in Ottawa and Montreal, just across the border and there was some talk that we might also be a target based on our proximity. This was also around the same time as that Chattanooga shooting at a naval reserve armory. The subject came up in a training meeting and our battalion commander basically said we weren't allowed to carry in uniform by regulation but that a smart person would have a way to protect themselves (implied wink)... Later toward the end of the meeting, he bent over a bit to sit down in front of me and it was immediately obvious he wasn't following said regs...

I don't carry in uniform, mostly because I'm now working on an actual base with security where I might get into trouble, but if I did, it might have had something to do with the fact that I found myself running a fuel point in Malone, NY while going to annual training on the day that CBP shot Richard Matt... in Malone, NY. The thought occured to me that those turds were running around in my area and I had 8 soldiers, several armored vehicles, and not a weapon in sight. Good times...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VT1032; 06-01-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Also this:

Floyd's younger brother, Terence Floyd, spoke out against the chaos erupting in cities all over the country, calling for an end to the destruction. He also urged protesters to express their rage and dissatisfaction at the voting booth.

"Educate yourself and know who you're voting for. And that's how we're going to hit them," he said. "There's a lot of us. ... It's a lot of us," he shouted emotionally.

"Let's switch up. Let's do this peacefully, please," he pleaded.

User Tag List