Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Park Karen is a racist

Based on his photo, Christian, a gay birder illustrator, looks about as unthreatening as can be (he actually bears a passing resemblance to me if I were not a person of no color).

Christian is enjoying some bird watching in a place where dogs must be leashed. Karen has her dog running around unleashed. Christian says you have to leash your dog. Karen goes all Karen. Christian says if you don’t leash your dog as required I’ll do something you won’t like. He says he meant by this he’d give the dog a treat which he’s found induces dog owners to leash their dogs for fear of having their dogs take treats from strangers. And proceeds to record the scene. Threatening? Show me a knife. Otherwise, not hardly under the circumstances. Karen not only goes mega-Karen, she decides that To Kill A Mockingbird was not a cautionary tale but an instruction manual.

Karen, the embodiment of the virtue signaling, for thee but not for me, bigotry of low expectations crowd predominant in Manhattan and similar oases, can kiss my ass of no color.

My agency had a "no call too small" policy, which meant we had to show up even for "black man in my neighborhood calls."

I went to one where the black man in question was the new-in-town ER doc. There was a non-trivial chance that if I'd gotten shot any any given shift, he'd be the dude taking care of me.

He actually saw me driving, flagged me down and said "let me guess..."

Considering that he'd just bought a house for the better part of a million 2002 dollars, and found out one of his neighbors was a complete asshole, he handled it with far more aplomb than I would have.

The caller and I had a talk about misuse of the 911 system, which earned me a beef, which my sergeant didn't sustain.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Aussies refer to the religion seeking trend some older people embrace as “cramming for the final.”
    Will there be math?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Will there be math?

Angels, heads of pins, 20 minutes, no calculators.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Angels, heads of pins, 20 minutes, no calculators.

"I don't think he's gonna make it..."

"Me neither..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I have never been one to phone police to report suspicious activity, maybe doing so once or twice in my entire life. At this point, honestly, a black person could be doing absolutely abhorrent criminal acts and I'm not calling police. It's not worth losing my job and showing up on CNN over.

Sure, there's a difference between calling police on a black person for "bbq in a park" versus "raping an unconscious person behind a tree" but there's lots of shades of grey in between and as a white person, if there's any slim percentage the person can call it racism, I'm totally boned now.

So, I say this in all seriousness, I don't care what criminal actions a black person is doing, I'm looking the other way. It's clearly what society wants. I know this sounds like I'm trolling, but I'm not. African American teen snooping around bushes in front of people's houses at night? Not my circus, not my ponies. I'm no George Zimmerman.

Racism does exist, has always existed and will always exist, and in most cases there's a clear distinction between criminal activity and "stupid stuff that annoys Karens" but the pendulum has swung so far in the opposite direction that I can't risk losing my job, having my family be subject to death threats, and being posted on reddit to be doxxed.
    That's taking things a bit too far, really.

The problem in this situation is not that she threatened to call the police, but that she told the guy that she was going to tell them she was being threatened by an African-American- and got caught on video doing just that.
    The problem in the Zimmerman/ Martin situation is not that GZ called the police, but that he got out of his car to 'check the houses'.
    The problem in the GA shooting is not that they called the police on a suspicious jogger, but the fact that the idiots tried to play citizen cops.

In all these cases, the big problem was not contacting law enforcement, but people putting themselves further into a bad situation.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Based on his photo, Christian, a gay birder illustrator, looks about as unthreatening as can be (he actually bears a passing resemblance to me if I were not a person of no color).

Christian is enjoying some bird watching in a place where dogs must be leashed. Karen has her dog running around unleashed. Christian says you have to leash your dog. Karen goes all Karen. Christian says if you don’t leash your dog as required I’ll do something you won’t like. He says he meant by this he’d give the dog a treat which he’s found induces dog owners to leash their dogs for fear of having their dogs take treats from strangers. And proceeds to record the scene. Threatening? Show me a knife. Otherwise, not hardly under the circumstances. Karen not only goes mega-Karen, she decides that To Kill A Mockingbird was not a cautionary tale but an instruction manual.

Karen, the embodiment of the virtue signaling, for thee but not for me, bigotry of low expectations crowd predominant in Manhattan and similar oases, can kiss my ass of no color.
    "Mind your own business" really should be on our money.

I do grok his concerns, but playing freelance rule enforcer towards total strangers is not all that safe.
    And then he escalated by pulling out the dog treats and camera- which is extra stupid.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    How often have people posted “if he had just followed the lawful orders of the police, then x would not have happened.”
    X usually being the death or serious injury of the subject of the police encounter.

By analogy, if she had just had followed the law and had her dog on a lease, she would not have lost her job.

Based on a review of the video, she was the one that played the race card, she was the one that exaggerated the “threat” and/or “aggressiveness” of the bird watcher.

Notably, the bird watcher has said that she should not have lost her job over this:

“Christian Cooper, however, told the Post that he was not interested her facing "repercussions."
    "It's unfortunate what happened," he told the outlet. "There was definitely a lapse in judgment. But she put the dog on the leash, and I don't need to see anything else happen to her."

Without knowing the intimate details of her employment agreement, it would be complete speculation if she has any recourse with her former employer. I acknowledge I am not an employment atty.

All I can figure: if she also loses her truck over this, then we’ve got the triumvirate for one hell of a country song.

The predominate liberal agenda, that some people just can’t possibly be expected to pull their own weight, is inherently racist, although I suspect it’s more about “I’ll forgive your flaws and laziness if you agree to forgive mine, and we’ll all just get the rich assholes to pay our bills” than an intentional racism.

Why do we need to hire “disadvantaged” contractors? Because they can’t possibly be expected to compete with “white guys”.

Why do we need school admission quotas? Because that black kid from the ‘hood can’t possibly get good enough grades to get into college in his own.

User Tag List