Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

.300 AAC Blackout - 'Enabling' Thread (Mags, ammo, optics, barrels, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I wish I had seen these before ordering the full-price ones.

Here’s to further enabling though.

Maybe we need a 300BLK-centric/enabling topic...
    Here it is.

____

So best mags for .300BLK?

I've heard Lancer 20-rounders and 3rd Gen PMAG 30-rounders?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Seems some Academy stores have some UMC .300 BLK available if you're willing to brave the covids and go in person to pick it up. Price is about even with the best online sellers, who are all sold out anyway.

Sure do wish I'd know I'd get sucked down this rabbit hole back in November/December when Walmart was dumping all its evil "assault weapon" ammo for half price.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-25-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I like Lancer 20s.
    #RESIST

I just put together a cheap poor mans 300 BO. So far, I love it. Very easy to shoot and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I just put together a cheap poor mans 300 BO. So far, I love it. Very easy to shoot and fun.
    What upper did you use?

I have a spare rifle lower I should build into something. Since I’m planning to take the .300Blk plunge - I’m considering a 16” upper.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What upper did you use?

I have a spare rifle lower I should build into something. Since I’m planning to take the .300Blk plunge - I’m considering a 16” upper.
    Bear creek 10.5. For the 20 rounds that I’ve fired, no issues.

Here it is.

____

So best mags for .300BLK?

I've heard Lancer 20-rounders and 3rd Gen PMAG 30-rounders?
    Lancers are best for subsonic, but I find that supersonics seem to work well out of any mag with Magpul followers.

So best mags for .300BLK? … 3rd Gen PMAG 30-rounders?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I find that supersonics seem to work well out of any mag with Magpul followers.
    Just split a ten pack with a buddy. Not sure if this is the best deal in the world but I paid the $50 for Brownells Edge so I gotta continue to justify that...
    https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...turer_1=MAGPUL

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Lancers are best for subsonic, but I find that supersonics seem to work well out of any mag with Magpul followers.
    https://www.primaryarms.com/lancer-s...nslucent-smoke

NOTE: These magazines are optimized for subsonic 300BLK ammunition which have a wider and more forward-oriented ogive on the projectile. If you are shooting lightweight supersonic 300BLK ammunition (<150gr), we recommend using a standard .223/5.56 magazine, as the geometry of most supersonic cartridges more closely mimics that of a .223/5.56 cartridge.
    https://lancer-systems.com/product/l...k-20-magazine/

Specifically engineered for use with heavy subsonic .300 Blackout ammunition (200+ grain), the Lancer L5AWM® 300BLK magazine features an updated internal geometry which allows longer heavier cartridges to stack properly, increasing feeding reliability when compared to a traditional .223/5.56 magazine. The outside of the mag body is molded with distinctive .300 Blackout markings and the magazine ships with a contrasting flat dark earth floor plate for easy visual identification.
    Anybody run the Hornady 190 subs yet? I'm mostly going to be sticking with supers, and am OK with selecting the long, skinny ones designed for feeding .300 BLK in 5.56 mags, but if the Hornadys work better with a specific mag, I'll probably pick up a couple Magpuls or Lancers.

So far, I have some Tac-TX 110s and some UMC 120s (bullet also made by Barnes, at least originally).
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    https://www.primaryarms.com/lancer-s...nslucent-smoke

https://lancer-systems.com/product/l...k-20-magazine/

Anybody run the Hornady 190 subs yet? I'm mostly going to be sticking with supers, and am OK with selecting the long, skinny ones designed for feeding .300 BLK in 5.56 mags, but if the Hornadys work better with a specific mag, I'll probably pick up a couple Magpuls or Lancers.

So far, I have some Tac-TX 110s and some UMC 120s (bullet also made by Barnes, at least originally).
    I have run a few hornady 190s through regular pmags with no issues so far.

Where did you get the UMC bullets?

User Tag List