Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBP seizes $2 Million in Fake Glock Magazines

Having dealt with Labeling Law and Compliance before, the safer bet would have been to label the package, "Replacement magazine for use in Glock (TM) Pistol" etc, etc.

^^^Probably. And having been privy to the importing of several US-designed items built in both China and Mexico, it's possible that the packaging FUBAR wasn't even SGM's fault. No way to tell from where I sit.

I would hope they would be allowed to remove them from their packaging and keep the magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I would hope they would be allowed to remove them from their packaging and keep the magazines.
    I've seen, in my time with Customs, items that had been imported which apparently didn't meet muster but the company was allowed to put labels over the offending portion. Don't know if that will fly or not in the current instance and as I mentioned it was never my area of expertise. But I have seen it done.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I just checked SGM's website, and the SGM-branded magazines designed to be used in Glock pistols appear to have SGM molded into the side of the mag. I've never even heard of SGM before, but if the picture on their website is an accurate representation of the "fake" mags, then they would be easily distinguished from factory mags.

Also SGM is crazy is they think I'd pay $18.95 for their mags when I can buy Magpul and ETS mags all over the place for dollars less than that.

EDIT: I've received presumably OEM Glock mags in bags before from well known vendors.
    Last edited by pangloss; 02-18-2017 at 03:36 PM.

First linked article says it was due to an infringement of the Glock trademark on the packaging. It also said the company was given an opportunity to correct it and they didn't. IF that was the case, 20/20 hindsight would tend to say, re-packaging them (in non-offending baggies) would have saved them a few $100sK in merchandise or legal fees! [emoji6]

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Also keep in mind that glock magazines change witness hole location/labeling fairly frequently. Can you post photos?
    Didn't realize they changed the witness holes. Those holes, and the exact format of the Glock logo below those holes, are the only differences I can see. The feed lips, follower, etc. all look exactly the same. Maybe I got genuine magazines after all. I will post pictures when I am in a better position to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Didn't realize they changed the witness holes. Those holes, and the exact format of the Glock logo below those holes, are the only differences I can see. The feed lips, follower, etc. all look exactly the same. Maybe I got genuine magazines after all. I will post pictures when I am in a better position to do so.

no worries. Out of curiosity, is it a 15-rd .40 caliber mag? Those underwent a fairly significant re-design fairly recently, that resulted in the witness holes going from evenly spaced to vertically staggered. The staggered mags are newer and supposedly function better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    no worries. Out of curiosity, is it a 15-rd .40 caliber mag? Those underwent a fairly significant re-design fairly recently, that resulted in the witness holes going from evenly spaced to vertically staggered. The staggered mags are newer and supposedly function better.
    The magazines were for my 19 and 26. The 19 magazines show the same variation in spacing as other newer magazines. The spacing of the 26 holes is different from some older 26 magazines.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List