Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 - Revisited

HK P30 - Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    That is the one thing I don't like about the P2000, as far as sights go the pickings are slim. I have meprolights on mine and I struggle with glare off them. I'm thinking about trying HDs, but I'd really love some Heinies like EVERY OTHER HK SINCE THE USP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pickings are slim that is true, but recently JodyH posted in another thread some where you can run a 10-8 front tritium for the P30/HK45C with the meps. It works just perfect height wise and gives a more refined sight picture since you can get them in a .125 width.

I have been running their .150 tall .125 wide tritium front with serrations for about a week or two with mep rear and I like the combo. More than my HD's. Personally I'd like serrations front and rear but at least having them on the front cuts off enough glare that I am no longer annoyed when shooting matches or out doors for extended sessions. Sure wish we could get flat black rears with serrations though that would be tits.

For reference 10-8 front with mep rears is drive the dot for the most part. 6 o'clock hold for 25. Basically same as factory height. Hope this helps.

Also @ 125mph, if you decide you want a set of HD's I have a pair I just took off a gun. They do not look like they needed any fitting so there is a good chance they will work on your gun. Shoot me a PM with an address and I'll mail them to you. You are more than welcome to them. Other wise they will just sit and collect dust in my spare parts bin.

Last edited by Mike C; 03-20-2016 at 10:05 PM.

FWIW, I've seen Nyeti mention on more than one occasion that hammer movement is visible during standard sight picture and trigger press on his HK's. I wasn't able to wrap my mind around this fully until picking up my P30 V1, but I can say it's very noticeable to me. So much so, there are times that it's distracting, and more than likely will remain so until my mind stops seeing it as an anomaly and starts associating the movement with a normal trigger pull.

That being said, I think I'll like it based on what it can tell me. I've done extensive SIRT work, and never found myself on the trigger early, nor ever called out at a class or match for it. BUT, that's no guarantee I wouldn't trigger check or woobie it if pressed into action with a real adrenalin/norepinephrine dump.

In other words, just like the hammer and long LEM trigger pull, it's value added.

125mph, PM replied to.

Dumb question I have a P2000 in 40sw and it is a LEM would I be able to switch the slide with my P2000 9mm v3 without an issue? I do like the LEM but I do not want to give up reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    FWIW, I've seen Nyeti mention on more than one occasion that hammer movement is visible during standard sight picture and trigger press on his HK's. I wasn't able to wrap my mind around this fully until picking up my P30 V1, but I can say it's very noticeable to me. .
    In addition I recently found that it helps some when I'm evaluating my trigger press on video.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Gadget works in a similar fashion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Luke sold me this junky P30 that won't shoot worth a damn:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  54.1 KB
    It shoots Winchester White Box 115 FMJ into similar size groups at the same POI.
    Last edited by LtDave; 04-07-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My P30 pistols are mechanically pretty accurate. They tend to shoot typical FMJ ammo high enough that I need a 6:00 + hold, but they both put all the bullets into nice tight groups.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Just wanted to let you guys know that Luke sold me this junky P30 that won't shoot worth a damn:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  54.1 KB
    It shoots Winchester White Box 115 FMJ into similar size groups at the same POI.
    I see you have labeled that gun #2. If you start including the last 3 digits of the serial number, then you have issues.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I see you have labeled that gun #2. If you start including the last 3 digits of the serial number, then you have issues.
    Lol. How else are you supposed to remember which gun shoots which ammo to a slightly different POI? It gets confusing when you buy guns in increments of three. [emoji6]

User Tag List