Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frame Mounted RDS on Handguns

Agency Arms is about to release their own version of this but I haven't paid any attention to the details. I imagine their social media pages have some info.

I've looked at this idea for Ruger revolvers with Weig-a-tinny mount, you could actually add irons to backup Red Dot that way as well with longer Weig-a-tinny.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Agreed on the Silencerco pistol. It made the use of a WML awkward and most folks don’t want to daily carry a stamped pistol I suspect. Plus with the current rules it would be a pain to cross state lines with it.
    If you mean getting an approved ATF form 5320.20 before transporting a silencer interstate, you don't have to do that. The law specifically lists the types of NFA firearms which need ATF approval before transporting interstate, and silencers and AOWs are not listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I think that we've got a P-F member or two working on sticking dots on DA revolvers. I'm aware of the Weig-a-tinny mount, and I'm sure that there are others.
    https://www.jackweigand.com/scope.html

Love the concept, hate the Burris FF2...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    If you mean getting an approved ATF form 5320.20 before transporting a silencer interstate, you don't have to do that. The law specifically lists the types of NFA firearms which need ATF approval before transporting interstate, and silencers and AOWs are not listed.
    Ah. Good catch. I didn’t realize that it was only for SBR’s and SBS’s. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Love the concept, hate the Burris FF2...
    What do you hate about the Burris? I've been happy so far with the one on my Ruger Mk. II.

Ah. Good catch. I didn’t realize that it was only for SBR’s and SBS’s. Thanks!
    Machine guns and destructive devices too.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    What do you hate about the Burris? I've been happy so far with the one on my Ruger Mk. II.
    The auto-brightness feature. I'm usually shooting from a covered firing line at an uncovered targets. The FF2 goes to full bright even though I'm in shade and after a few minutes it's very uncomfortable to look at, almost like looking into a laser. I've taped over the sensor which helps but I'd rather be able to adjust it myself instead of having to jake leg something to tone down the dot.

Just to clarify, I think the sight itself is OK even if the window is on the small side. I just didn't know the auto-brightness feature and my eyes wouldn't play well together.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Machine guns and destructive devices too.
    True. I’ll have to win the lottery before I concern myself with those. Lol! First stamp would be for a Dillon Aero though!

True. I’ll have to win the lottery before I concern myself with those. Lol! First stamp would be for a Dillon Aero though!
    Then you'd have to hit a second time to feed the damn thing. Plus the helicopter and it's assorted upkeep...

User Tag List