Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: BLM Protests Death of Alton Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    It was posted as such, but I certainly don't know. It really didn't matter though, it just struck a chord with me in light of current events.
    Just looks like a blood or maybe Piru is all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Just one manifestation of the cultural divide we are experiencing in America today. Like myself, I suspect a fair number of folks would find this troubling, but our proclivity towards relativism makes this perfectly acceptable in far too many households.

Judas H Priest. What a shit show.

In making my best effort to recruit for LL's team WTWB, I offer a view from across the chasm, front page:

http://front.moveon.org/

"Alton Sterling was a 37-year-old Black father of five selling CDs outside of a local store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He did not deserve to die.

Yet here we are again. Another Black man slain by police. Another hashtag carrying the fury and pain of his community. And another family deep in mourning—in the same state that passed the 'Blue Lives Matter' bill to silence protests against police violence.

On Tuesday night, Alton Sterling was selling CDs outside a local store, like he always does, when police arrived on the scene. The police tased him, held him down on the ground, and shot him in the chest and back. In the witness-recorded video, you can hear one of the officers shouting "If you f---ing move, I swear to God!"

These officers have no respect for Black life, and must be held accountable.

News just broke that the FBI and the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division will be leading an independent investigation into his murder—and we have to keep up the pressure until they deliver accountability."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe more common than you imagine. Roland, of Roland Special fame, recounted a similar experience with a Wilson 1911 and a VA Trooper.
    I had it happen in Washington state.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

every one of these shootings I always wonder if this will be the one that gets big and doesn't stop. I'm no tinfoil hat guy, but these rallies get out of control QUICK. I thought Saint Louis was gonna be it but it ended. Now this..
    Last edited by Luke; 07-07-2016 at 10:18 PM.
    i used to wannabe

More pablum from the great book of faces.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

FWIW, the details of the 9-1-1 call have been released. Apparently, he threatened a homeless guy with the gun after the homeless guy repeatedly asked him for money. (America, where even the homeless have cell phones ) The caller stated that he had a gun and that it was in his pocket. That's pretty specific info and a good reason to be worried about where his hand was going.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/bat...ling-shooting/
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    FWIW, the details of the 9-1-1 call have been released. Apparently, he threatened a homeless guy with the gun after the homeless guy repeatedly asked him for money. (America, where even the homeless have cell phones ) The caller stated that he had a gun and that it was in his pocket. That's pretty specific info and a good reason to be worried about where his hand was going.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/bat...ling-shooting/
    I'm going to guess that Sterling, the homeless guy, and both officers all knew each other through repeated professional contact. Homeless Guy probably knew that Sterling was a prohibited person and that he had some cash. When Sterling refused to give him money and showed him the pistol, Homeless Guy decided to dime him out. When the call came in, the officers probably knew exactly who they'd find without having to see either of them.

But that's just a guess.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 07-08-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

We have a rally scheduled for 5 today in downtown Birmingham Alabama. I just rode by the civil rights place next to the park where the rally is planned and it was PACKED.
    i used to wannabe

Rally for what, the officers, or the piece of shit terrorists and sympathizers behind all this?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

BLM Protests Death of Alton Sterling

There's a small meeting of rally leaders in Columbus, OH today, with plans for large rallies in upcoming days. My city hasn't really seen this on a large scale yet, but people are pretty divided on this topic at the moment.

I have some friends who are leaders in the local black coalition who are actually pretty level-headed and are explaining that they can't swim against the stream. I have some "educated" white friends that are swimming with the stream and apologizing for the color of their skin.

This is silly in epic proportions.
    Last edited by Josh Runkle; 07-08-2016 at 02:30 PM.

User Tag List