Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford fakes V8 engine noise on their Ecoboost engines

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    it doesn’t stop me from lamenting the loss of certain kinds of connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Sounds like you are describing my 600 HP, 2430 lb., 427 Shelby Cobra replica.
    I had almost replied that the car Rob wants is probably available from Factory Five. Then I spent some time on the www site, and I started wondering since the Raptor will go ~13.8, and there should be plenty of cheap 3.5 donor drivetrains out there, would there be enough room for an intercooler...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-26-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The BMW M2 puts engine noises on the stereo, and on the one a friend had, it was not possible to disable the effect nor adjust its volume.
    You must be joking.

For reals?

I used to bleed Blau mit Weiss.

I will be crestfallen if this is true.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    He owned it for several months. He's a smart guy, and couldn't find any way to adjust it. He even read forums and stuff.

He upgraded to a 911T shortly after I bought the Hyundai.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    You priced a Mustang GT lately? 36 grand, before you add a single option. The four-cylinder (there are no more V6 Mustangs) start $10,000 less and well optioned come in ~32k, that's a full 10k cheaper than a well optioned GT Premium.

The cheapest V8 F150 you can buy is a standard cab XL, where the 5.0 V8 is the only option selected, $30k.

In addition you have to pay the gas guzzler tax on the V8s.
    Not on the pickups, unless that changed for 2018. Pickups, vans, and SUVs aren't subject to gas guzzler tax. Also not on V8 Mustangs, although perhaps ironically the V6 in the Ford GT is subject to it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    He owned it for several months. He's a smart guy, and couldn't find any way to adjust it. He even read forums and stuff.

He upgraded to a 911T shortly after I bought the Hyundai.
    Gott im Himmel.

Oh don’t get me wrong. Cars today are technically superior in almost every category out there. Performance, efficiency, safety, reliability. But, that is a, double edged sword. The existence of regulations and necessity of each of those boxes being ticked, removes some aspect of the rawness of driving performance and thrill. It’s possible to get that back in some ways (e.g., look at what Mazda has tried to do). But the laws of averages and necessity of profits tells me that the future of performance cars looks very different from the past. And indeed that is not a bad thing in many respects and is likely a great thing in most respects, but it doesn’t stop me from lamenting the loss of certain kinds of connections.

The feel of almost every pebble being driven over translates to the steering wheel. Trying to navigate a manual steering equipped car in a parking lot. The sound of glasspacks. The feeling, in your chest, of a high horsepower motor at full chat, the vibrations that make your arms feel like rubber, but you never notice, because the beast you are driving is vicious. Let up on your concentration for a moment and it will bite you. That brief moment of panic when you lock the brakes up and things are going straight despite having the wheel cranked over. Slipping the clutch to induce a drift that you steer with the throttle and you feel.

When the internal combustion engine is dead and the manual transmission has been extinct for a decade, the self-driving CUVs with more screen real estate than a Jumbotron, will be there, waiting. And even though someone will make an electric performance car or three, it won’t be the same.

It’s just my hope that motorcycles will still be out there to provide some of that rawness. Some of that danger. Some of that nostalgia that gets the heart pumping and pushes you to be better or risk not being at all.
    You, like me, need a Porsche Cayman GT4 and/or a Porsche 911 GT3 Manual Trans.

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Sounds like you are describing my 600 HP, 2430 lb., 427 Shelby Cobra replica. I'm now in the process of doing some more modifications to it. If you are ever in Las Vegas, you need to look me up.

Me at turn 4 at Willow Springs International Raceway.

Attachment 32759
    Very nice!

You’re my kinda guy.

Few appreciate what’s in that photo.

[emoji482]

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    They do. Just in a different way.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ined-tech-dept

And, of course, in the future dealing with electric cars:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/wh...ectric-porsche
    Oh, for *THAT* Porsche.

[emoji6]

I have always wondered why cars sound the way they do and I simply followed my heart and ended where I did (Ford Powertrain NVH R&D).

I still enjoy sports cars, sports bikes race cars and race bikes.

Love the way they sound, too!

Here’s some unique V-12s.

Turn up the volume.

https://youtu.be/V9fIusvK9oI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    ...Working on the original FORD GT was fun....
    And I want to thank you for that. Most will not appreciate what a select few were able to accomplish. I love the new GT's looks, but no V-8 and no manual transmission.

And of course, no V-8 sound.

User Tag List