Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LE uniforms dressing down ?

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    True except... The expandable from Peacekeeper are a different ball game. They are heavier but the extra weight is concentrated in the tip. When you do drills, there is a dramatic difference between a strike from an ASP or Monadnock and a Peacekeeper. Like the difference between .38 Special wadcutters and full-house .357 magnum.

https://peacekeeperproducts.com/collections/batons
    The Peacekeeper is a whole different animal. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    How in the Hell would you even draw that?
    I would grab the baton at the grommet with my thumb up and thrust, spear it forward. Pull the baton back and rotate it my off-hand so that my hand was around the grommet with my thumb on the long side of the stick.

As Heane mentioned, the only expandable worth anything was the PeaceKeeper. I sold mine and returned to a straight stick for probably the last 5, 6 years of my career - 26"x 1&1/4" Cocobolo diamond wood from Koga.

Site Supporter
    True except... The expandable from Peacekeeper are a different ball game. They are heavier but the extra weight is concentrated in the tip. When you do drills, there is a dramatic difference between a strike from an ASP or Monadnock and a Peacekeeper. Like the difference between .38 Special wadcutters and full-house .357 magnum.

Is their holster for the baton any good?

The recruits in the Academy get them issued. In service Officers still have ASPs. I carry a PR24 because I dont trust them. I’d take a Peacekeeper.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It was damned near three feet long, with knurling on both ends. You didn't carry it on your belt. We collectively cried when they were replaced with a worthless ASP.
    Like this @Trooper224? One of the batons I was issued for riot control. It’s a little under three feet. I also had an issued shorter straight stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the lanyard

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Like this @Trooper224? One of the batons I was issued for riot control. It’s a little under three feet. I also had an issued shorter straight stick.

Not identical but very similar.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Interesting. Would you prefer no hat or a baseball style cap instead?
    Unless it's with a utility type uniform I wouldn't wear a ball cap. I think they look amateurish with a traditional uniform.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I have a three footer in my riot gear, but can't carry it outside of specific situations. I broke every ASP I ever had but my last one. That one got tossed in a drawer the day I was issued it and hasn't been out since. I have a small collection of batons from the years, I was a DT and baton instructor, including a Bianchi Magic Wand and a 26 inch Manadanock Posi Lock. Those things hit like a thunderbolt from Zeus. Duty carry for the last 15 or so years has been a Manadanock AutoLock with Power Safety Tip and a Hindi cap. The sound when that thing opens is very comforting, it locks solidly and is weight forward.

I do miss my PR 24.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 11-14-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I have a three footer in my riot gear, but can't carry it outside of specific situations.
    Same.

I've used my baton a lot and developed something of a reputation with it among my beat partners, but I always preferred my mag-light for most applications. The expandable was best used as a lever vs as a club. Or to rake out broken glass after using a window punch.

I'm one of the few that still carries a baton at all. Mostly because reasons.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List