Page 497 of 822 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 8211

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Girls und Panzer anime movie. High school girls in various tanks of all time periods, chasing each other around in tank battles. Makes absolutely no sense but fast and mindless fun.

Site Supporter
    I just started Season 4 of Peaky Blinders. Very well done show IMO, and I've been enjoying it. It seems to focus on the concept that choices have (sometimes big) consequences.

Watched "White Lines" on Netflix. I think I liked it. Working class kids from the UK move to Ibiza to try to become dance club DJ's in the 1990's. One wildly succeeds and is murdered. His sister goes to Ibiza, present day, to try and find out who killed him 20+ year ago.

A lot of the story is told in flashbacks. The actors chosen to play the younger versions of the main characters bear a striking resemblance to the main actors. The look of the series is very color saturated and well shot. The soundtrack music is interesting.

The characters are basically rudderless and amoral. Only a couple of them are likeable at all.

Rosco

This thread must be rescued from Page 3.

Beyond the Reach
    Free on Amazon Prime
    4/5
    Michael Douglas and Some Pretty 20-Something Guy go on a not-quite-legal hunting trip. Trip goes wrong in a hurry. Great cinematic views of the desert. Even better is Douglas' Mercedes Benz G63 AMG 6x6.

How It Ends
    Netflix
    2.5/5
    End-of-the-world road trip with Forrest Whitaker and Some Pretty 30-Something Guy. Not really bad, not really good. It just sort of goes on for awhile, and then sort of ends. How appropriate.

Knives Out
    Free on Amazon Prime
    4/5
    Darkly-comic two-for-the-price-of-one whodunit with ensemble cast. Taking a point off for not having any truly stellar performances, although it was not poorly-acted. Truth be told, it really didn't have any flaws, but neither was it truly great.

Cosmos
    Free on Amazon Prime
    Undecided
    First, the bad: I can't tell if this movie was taking itself seriously, , or underscoring what it's like to be an enthusiast-amateur in a field. The writing was incredibly heavy-handed, the character development clumsy and lurching. There were far too many points at which the characters made glaringly stupid decisions for the sake of...I dunno, the plot was already laden with forced drama, so maybe they were just trying to use up some time?

Now, the good: It was filmed on a $600 camera, on a budget of $7,000 the directors put up themselves, using just three lights. 3/5ths of the movie was shot in a garage. They did the sound effects in a tent. They made their own camera rig with some home improvement store wood and plumbing.

Verdict: It's not a good script, but when viewed as an amateur production, it's absolutely stunning.

The Mandela Effect
    Free on Amazon Prime
    3.5/5
    Vaguely interesting psychological horror/science-fiction story. Guy begins questioning the nature of reality after the death of his young daughter. It wasn't bad, but neither was it very good.

I finally just watched Apocalypto after seeing clips of it for years. Overall I really liked it. The walk into the city, the Temple, and the sacrifices scenes were stunning
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I finally just watched Apocalypto after seeing clips of it for years. Overall I really liked it. The walk into the city, the Temple, and the sacrifices scenes were stunning
    I just watched it for the first time a few days ago. It was pretty good especially for free.

BTW, I didn't like Knives Out. It was a big let down.

Yesterday. Enjoyable and funny. I dunno how you guys can seemingly watch such intense stuff all the time.

Mad Max Fury Road. Balls to the walls no holds barred. Highly recommended. Incredible action.

Red Sparrow. A young woman(JLaw bringing it) is coerced into becoming a Russian "Sparrow" agent. Pretty women and men who are taught to to use sex as an espionage weapon. Dark and brutal so damn good.

Spiderman Homecoming. Hilarious fun with great performances by Holland and Keaton. Holland is your friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

Edge of Tomorrow. Tom Cruise once again shows utter commitment to physicality-and perfect comic timing. Plus Emily Blunt doing yoga.

Re-watching old 70’s flicks:
    Kolchak The Night Stalker
    The Norrliss Tapes

Some 1960’s movies
    Seconds
    The Invaders TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Mad Max Fury Road. Balls to the walls no holds barred. Highly recommended. Incredible action.
    I hated this movie, but I know I'm in the minority. It has very little story, no character development, bizarre fetishism, but sure arguable great action, albeit also bizarre. I saw it in theaters having loved the first two and actually liking part 3, and 3/4 of the way through was struggling to stay awake.

User Tag List