Page 53 of 185 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 vaccines: medical concerns and recommendations

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Before I got into guns, my hobbies were being in rock bands, and riding motorcycles.

Every band I was ever in, and this is mostly my fault because this is just how I do things, rehearsed at Motorhead concert volume. Around the time my last band peaked I was working this job pile driving huge steel girders into the ground for elevated train towers with a hydraulic hammer mounted to a crane. We were either driving steel, or drilling rock with these pneumatic drills run off a 1000hp air compressor mounted to a flat deck train car.

I was always pretty happy about how little hearing loss I had - I mean I had tinnitus, obviously, pretty badly, but it never seemed like a huge deal, which was just amazing to me because I'd subjected myself to inside-a-jet-engine noise for years and years and years. I couldn't really understand how I'd gotten away with it, but somehow, I hadn't gone deaf.

Then covid hit, everyone put something in front of their mouths, and simultaneously chose that exact moment to sound like the Charlie Brown teacher every time they talk to me. I was in a bar on the weekend because my friend was playing a show and holy cow...I mean I can manage if there's not much other sound but the bartender told me to enjoy the show and I had to get her to repeat herself about eight times, leaning closer each time, before I figured out what the hell she was saying.

Granted, she had made absolutely fantastic selections in both the "plastic surgeon" and "shirt coverage" categories so if you're worried about losing your hearing, there are silver linings if you look hard enough. For long enough.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

My hearing is still very good despite the years of playing bass and shooting, but what my audiologist ex told me is that I’m losing discrimination, something that is common with age. I’m having a hard time picking out specific noises and voices from the din.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Lebowski needs to find us a hearing aid site supporter.
    I actually know a woman who owns a hearing aid business.....and she is into guns.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I actually know a woman who owns a hearing aid business.....and she is into guns.
    Where is she on the crazy/hot matrix?

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Where is she on the crazy/hot matrix?

Crazy is subjective but I can confirm she is smoking hot.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Crazy is subjective but I can confirm she is smoking hot.
    I need pix to confirm...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Yeah, this thread hijack is useless without pics…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Cool

When I see her next ill snap one with her consent to post. Until then your imaginations will have to do
    Edit: she also is known to barter expensive hearing aid stuff for expensive 2A stuff....

When I see her next ill snap one with her consent to post. Until then your imaginations will have to do
    Edit: she also is known to barter expensive hearing aid stuff for expensive 2A stuff....
    I had a different sort of trade in mind...but I'll stop now as the missus is sitting a few feet away.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Another look at the Pfizer mRNA vaccine safety this time on a national level.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home

Bottom line, it’s very safe.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List