Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is your EDC?

Glock in an LB Enigma, 642 in right front pocket... I like options.

Go ahead and laugh... M&P 9C (Compact) with 12 rd mags. Stock as a box of rocks, and (so far) perfectly reliable. My particular gun is one of the very last Gen 1s produced, and Smiff appears to have had the bugs worked out of them by this point. The introduction of the Gen 2 Compact was delayed for a while, so they just kept making the Gen 1 Compacts until they had the Gen 2s ready for distribution. I have an Apex trigger kit for it around here somewhere, but I haven't felt it necessary to go there yet.

Two complaints about it though, it has a really tight chamber that doesn't appreciate cast bullet practice ammo, and the feed ramps seem unnecessarily narrow. This could cause feeding issues with broad meplat designs. The little darlin' really does like Hornady Extreme Duty 135 gr +P though, and I can buy a few bullets here and there to save on ammo costs.

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Go ahead and laugh... M&P 9C (Compact) with 12 rd mags. Stock as a box of rocks, and (so far) perfectly reliable. My particular gun is one of the very last Gen 1s produced, and Smiff appears to have had the bugs worked out of them by this point. The introduction of the Gen 2 Compact was delayed for a while, so they just kept making the Gen 1 Compacts until they had the Gen 2s ready for distribution. I have an Apex trigger kit for it around here somewhere, but I haven't felt it necessary to go there yet.

Two complaints about it though, it has a really tight chamber that doesn't appreciate cast bullet practice ammo, and the feed ramps seem unnecessarily narrow. This could cause feeding issues with broad meplat designs. The little darlin' really does like Hornady Extreme Duty 135 gr +P though, and I can buy a few bullets here and there to save on ammo costs.
    Why would we laugh?

Tell us you carry a Yeet Cannon and it may be a different story.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    I have carried these as well, and always found them to be reliable and accurate. They did not seem to suffer the issues of their full size cousins. Until the Gen 5 G26 came out the M&Pc was my go to for a pistol that size.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    2003-2019--Swapped back and fourth from Berettas (92, PX4) and Glocks (19, 17, 23). Various reasons for this based on admin safety, performance goals, and lifestyle/comfort.
    2019, 2020, April 2021--1911s. Learned alot about the platform. But missed capacity.
    April 2021-Current. Jumped head first into HK P30 V1. I bought one on a whim and the pistol just works for me like no other. Bought a second unit and an HK45 for home defense, gear, mags, springs. No plans to look back. I've set personal records on every drill with the P30 and by a margin that is astonishing and sustained (not a fluke).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Springfield Champion Range officer Elite in 9mm since August '20.
    Carried in a Tenicor Certum 3, 1 spare mag.
    I've found that the Ed Brown 9 rounders function flawless in the RO.
    This was my EDC when running 1911s except I opted for 45 acp. Really really impressed with those units.

A lot of DA/SA guys in here. Kinda surprised by that

Site Supporter
    Full-size PX4, Walther P99c, or S&W 642, depending on what I'm wearing. A 3" or 4" S&W K frame often gets subbed for the first two.

When I carry a semi-auto its always my Wilson Combat Professional
    Name:  Wilson Professional.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  53.9 KB

If I carry a revolver it's usually my Ruger DAO GP100
    Name:  GP100 DAO.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  93.4 KB

Both are always backed up by my Keltec PF9 in 9mm carried in a pocket holster
    Name:  PF9.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  67.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    A lot of DA/SA guys in here. Kinda surprised by that
    It’s a forum staple. Welcome.

User Tag List