Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson (re)enters the pump gun market

If this is a tax on stupid people to help fund real stuff (642 et al. with sights, M&P 15 pistols in useful configs., M&P 9s that are accurate, a line of TDA M&Ps) I am all for it.

My 2 cents... If you need more than 7 +1 12g in a civilian context you need to buy your drugs in a better neighborhood... and you should have brought an AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I just load bird shot in 357 cases to use in my model 36. We don't have poisonous snakes here but rats are sometime a problem. I've killed a few with this load. Note. Without a bullet a 357 case will work in a 38 chamber.

It goes something like this if you don't mind the southern dialect y'all .

https://youtu.be/_mYvA1dJ4LY

I cant see carrying a Governor for a snake gun, it's a big revolver, The price of 410 shotgun ammo will stop your heart from functioning, about a buck a round.
    To me, .38/.357 shot loads in a smoothbore j-frame or LCR would make sense if you wanted a dedicated “snake gun”. Small, light, easy to carry. It’d be interesting to convert a used one to a smoothbore and see how it patterned.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    To me, .38/.357 shot loads in a smoothbore j-frame or LCR would make sense if you wanted a dedicated “snake gun”. Small, light, easy to carry. It’d be interesting to convert a used one to a smoothbore and see how it patterned.
    It wouldn't take very long and the cost would be minimal to ream the rifling out of a revolver. The patterns would improve, no doubt. That would be my approach if I needed a serious snake swatter. I have an old Taurus 85 (S&W 36 copy) that isn't good for anything except shooting rats and snakes. It has a canted barrel so useless past 5 yards. I might look into that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    My 2 cents... If you need more than 7 +1 12g in a civilian context you need to buy your drugs in a better neighborhood... and you should have brought an AR.
    The Red Army didn't run through the streets of Berlin in 1945 with shotguns. History lesson #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The Red Army didn't run through the streets of Berlin in 1945 with shotguns. History lesson #1.
    Quite a few of them ran through the streets of Berlin in 1945 with Mosins. Doesn't make it a good choice for pretty much anything.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

And yeah, as usual Tim brings the eloquence and specificity to the argument. Me, I just went out and made a meme.

Name:  SmithAndWessonShotgunMeme.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  34.7 KB

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Quite a few of them ran through the streets of Berlin in 1945 with Mosins. Doesn't make it a good choice for pretty much anything.
    In Soviet Russia, you don't run around with Mosin. Mosin runs around with YOU!

A PPsH might be quite good for home defense...

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    and you should have brought an AR.
    Not if you paired up the S&W bullpup with a Keltec P50 BUG.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Once the SMG was in full production it was the weapon of choice for the Red Army, not the Mosin, and was developed and produced by the millions before the Battle of Berlin.

In 1943, an even simpler PPS43 submachinegun entered production which had a lower rate of fire and required less than three hours to produce! However, the PPsH was by then being manufactured on such a large scale that the PPS never really replaced it. more than six million PPsHs were manufactured during World War II, compared to “only” two million PPS43s.
    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/re...-choice-177488

User Tag List