Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Buck, prominent Democratic donor and gay activist, arrested on three felony counts

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Indiana recently got a 'dealing causing death' law and our office has the first one state wide that's been charged. I personally have my doubts that the law will survive scrutiny or that juries will buy it.
    Dealers are certainly criminally responsible for dealing, but unless they're proven to have done something intentionally to cause an overdose, I agree that seems like a tough sell in terms of "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Dealers are certainly criminally responsible for dealing, but unless they're proven to have done something intentionally to cause an overdose, I agree that seems like a tough sell in terms of "beyond a reasonable doubt."
    The one I mentioned plead to 35 years, do 15 and then if certain conditions are met the sentence can be revisited.

Another case is still active (from another county): You can use Indiana mycase to track it with cause number: 18C03-1902-F1-000001 It's in warrant status right now, but it appears the suspect may be in custody on another dealing charge in another county, and has a few more dealing charges between them.

I think they are taking the "criminal recklessness" angle instead of the "murder" angle. You didn't mean to kill that guy, but your conduct was so reckless that a reasonable person would have known your actions were greatly increasing the risk of his/her death.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List