Page 620 of 817 FirstFirst ... 120520570610618619620621622630670720 ... LastLast
Results 6,191 to 6,200 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Went and saw A Quiet Place Part II in the theater. Glad I did because, like the first, I feel that really adds to the experience of the movie.

It starts with a flashback to the day the aliens first showed up. This scene really only serves to pad out the run time and give John Krasinski a reason to be in the movie. But he did write, direct and produce it and it doesn't take away from the movie in any way so I'm not complaining. It also introduces us to the character that replaces Lee (Krasinski) but all it establishes is that this guy exists and they know him from before everything kicked off. When we catch up to him later they give us enough through their dialog for us to realize this so his first introduction isn't necessary. It does establish a tiny detail that becomes relevant later but it's something that isn't super important but it does get there in a better way than if they hadn't set that up.

It isn't as good or as tense as the first because they've already shown the monsters/aliens so they get plenty of screen time this go around. However it's still a nice follow up to the first. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

It isn't as good or as tense as the first because they've already shown the monsters/aliens so they get plenty of screen time this go around. However it's still a nice follow up to the first. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too.
    In the first one, I just KNEW that Emily Blunt was going to step on that nail on the stairs.

Rosco
    Last edited by Rosco Benson; 07-20-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Looking for a series to watch, we began "Westworld" on HBOMax. So far, I'm thinking we'll stick with it.

The player piano in the saloon was playing "Black Hole Sun" at one point. That amused me.

Rosco

Of course it’s not out yet, won’t be until October but since I loved the Sopranos, i’m really looking forward to this.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi521846809

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched "the sand pebbles" last night on the Roku.
    3 hours +.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I was scrolling through Netflix last night and came across a movie I'd never heard of or have completely forgotten about called The American with George Clooney. I found it slow and forgettable. It's based on a book from the early 90s called A Very Private Gentleman. I don't know how closely it follows the book, but if it's close I have a hard time imagining that anyone actually thought adapting it for the big screen was a good idea.

The only cool part is him building a suppressor on his kitchen table out of freeze plugs and a tube he got from a mechanics shop.
    It’s been awhile since I’ve seen that, but I recall liking it, actually. I found it to be a kind of coo, throwback to when movies didn’t have to go whiz, bang, boom from start to finish.

If you go back and watch some of the older “action” movies like Dirty Harry and Death Wish and Bullitt you’d probably be shocked at how slow paced they actually are, and how little dialogue there is, compared to today’s films.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I’ve been rewatching HBO’s Rome. I hadn’t seen it in years and can’t actually remember if I originally watched the entirety of the second season to begin with. I’m enjoying it. I can’t say how accurate the little details about ancient Roman society and culture actually are though. My only knowledge of the actual events the show is based on comes from having listened to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History episodes about the period (Death Throes of the Republic). It’s definitely making me want to listen to that series again.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It’s been awhile since I’ve seen that, but I recall liking it, actually. I found it to be a kind of coo, throwback to when movies didn’t have to go whiz, bang, boom from start to finish.

If you go back and watch some of the older “action” movies like Dirty Harry and Death Wish and Bullitt you’d probably be shocked at how slow paced they actually are, and how little dialogue there is, compared to today’s films.
    That's not it. I like a good slow burn now and then and I'm a fan of all three of those you listed and watch them at least once a year.

The American was just slow for the sake of being slow. The story didn't go anywhere and in the end made little sense.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Iirc A History of Violence is a recentish movie that did the slower drama with brief scenes of brutal action well. I know I enjoyed it when I saw it in the theater (checks internets) ...fifteen years ago.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve been rewatching HBO’s Rome. I hadn’t seen it in years and can’t actually remember if I originally watched the entirety of the second season to begin with. I’m enjoying it. I can’t say how accurate the little details about ancient Roman society and culture actually are though. My only knowledge of the actual events the show is based on comes from having listened to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History episodes about the period (Death Throes of the Republic). It’s definitely making me want to listen to that series again.
    I'm still bummed that show didn't get more seasons.

I didn't like it as much with the replacement for Octavian, later on. Still great, though.

Not sure about the accuracy, either. I don't think smoking opium (or any drug) was a "thing" in the Roman world. Even hashish (or whatever the Egyptian term was) was used as incense, not consumed in a pipe.

At least all the marble is painted!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List