Page 618 of 817 FirstFirst ... 118518568608616617618619620628668718 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We just finished the first season of "Brockmire" (on Hulu, originally on IFC). It is hilarious.

Hank Azaria plays a washed-up baseball broadcast announcer, who got drummed out of his major league job after an on-air breakdown and rant about his cheating wife.

After 10 years of booze, drugs, debauchery, and obscurity he gets hired by Amanda Peet, who owns a horrible little sub-minor team in Morristown, PA, to be their announcer.

Hilarious....and you don't even have to like baseball for it to work. In fact, it's probably better if you don't.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    As another commentor observed, why were the good guys being sent into battle with small arms that were essentially ineffective against the pesky aliens? I will admit to thinking that this is how Jeff Cooper thought the 9mm and 5.56 worked.

Rosco
    I would counter that the 5.56s (I'm assuming that's what they were) were effective, they just required proper shot placement. The M2s seemed to be a little more generally-effective, but remember that these were civilians with almost no training. Furthermore, I would argue that given how numerous the aliens were, ammunition carrying capacity is a non-zero factor.

Congo is on Netflix. Not my first viewing, and it's still pretty good!

Watching The Serpent on Netflix.

Great acting. If you're looking for a true crime story that makes you want to go hunt down the killer, look no further. Too bizarre to be fiction.

Charles Sobhraj is a stunningly vile human. I'm glad he's rotting away in Nepal.

If you were wondering if Jenna Coleman of Dr. Who fame could play an utterly repulsive character, she shows her stuff here.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Greenland, about a comet striking the earth, starring Gerard Butler and Morena Baccarin.

Imagine a 70's disaster movie with better special effects, but not much better acting, and you'll get the gist of it. Two out of five stars.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Watching Titans today. I’m a couple of episodes in. I’m liking it so far. Fits with the darker/grittier vein we’ve seen in some comic book movies and such in recent years. Plus Robin is a badass, which is kinda weird/cool.

My kids watched the animated Teen Titans Go a few years ago, and I saw a few episodes with them, so I’m vaguely familiar with the less well known characters in the show.

Titans, however, is NOT for kids on any level.
    I’m about halfway through the second season of this, I think. I believe there are only two (so far, I hope?).

I’ve really enjoyed it. I’m somewhat shocked that DC has allowed a show like this with their IP. Swearing, killing, boobs… I guess since they’ve been getting mauled by Marvel for so long, doubling down on ruining series with SJW bullshit like WW84, that they’re willing to try anything.

Which I’m glad of, because it’s turned out good.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Two shows recently...

The Big Short, about the 2008 financial crisis. I actually like this, which surprised me, as I have never been a Steve Carrel fan.

Then one that was more personal: Hitler's Children. Friend growing up was the grandson of someone brought over in Operation Paperclip, whose grandfather ran the V2 camp. Neighbor the last 20 years was born in Austria during WWII and have had some discussions about after. Then have had issues in my own family, with members treating others like dirt for things that relatives did generations back.

It's Shark Week. Sharknado is on.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

My wife starting binging Breaking Bad yo! Now I want to add yo to the end of any sentence yo.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    It's Shark Week. Sharknado is on.
    I saw on the TV listings somewhere last week there is a show or movie called Sharkano. Prehistoric sharks erupting from the center of the earth maybe? I wasn't interested enough to look further...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I was scrolling through Netflix last night and came across a movie I'd never heard of or have completely forgotten about called The American with George Clooney. I found it slow and forgettable. It's based on a book from the early 90s called A Very Private Gentleman. I don't know how closely it follows the book, but if it's close I have a hard time imagining that anyone actually thought adapting it for the big screen was a good idea.

The only cool part is him building a suppressor on his kitchen table out of freeze plugs and a tube he got from a mechanics shop.

User Tag List