Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Max

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Looks like maybe a 2.5 finger grip, with the pinky maybe wrapping under the mag like a J frame boot grip hold. Should be easier to shoot but a bit harder to conceal which was the LCP's strongest advantage. I'm still very intrigued.
    The Max is now the same height as a G42 but still almost an inch shorter. The G42's 6 rd mag now seems even sillier than ever.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 07-02-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Looks like the Max is about half an inch taller. That might make a substantial difference for pocket carry. I’m interested in hearing people’s impressions once they have some time with the gun.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Looks like maybe a 2.5 finger grip, with the pinky maybe wrapping under the mag like a J frame boot grip hold. Should be easier to shoot but a bit harder to conceal which was the LCP's strongest advantage. I'm still very intrigued.
    The Max is now the same height as a G42 but still almost an inch shorter. The G42's 6 rd mag now seems even sillier than ever.
    How long before we see a G42X? This decade?

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    How long before we see a G42X? This decade?
    Slow down, bub... There's only 8.5 years left in the decade.

Site Supporter
    The link below compares the LCP II Max to a Glock 42:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...x-vs-glock-g42

The Ruger compares vary favorably, although the thickness dimension for the Ruger is for the slide only. It is advertised as being less than an inch thick, but I suspect it is slightly thicker than the G42.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Awesome. Sounds niffty.

Can you put your thumb over the back to block hammer movement?
    The hammer is pretty well-shrouded, but it does slightly extended out before dropping. You can block it, but it is not very easy because the hammer is smooth and slick. Magazines are also cheap and plentiful. One might say that it's a 50 state gun and makes a great carry piece when in the New Jersey or New York servers in Minecraft.

I think the stigma of the Sigma .380, along with the less than stellar original Bodyguard 380 tarnished the M&P 380 Bodyguard. The trigger pull also scares off novices who primarily have used striker-fired SAO pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    This is cool, and congrats to Ruger, but sometimes I feel like only jackass around who prefers actual TDA on these sort of guns.
    You're not alone. Sacrificing the DA trigger for +3 rounds (I carry a 7 round mag in the LCP) doesn't compute for me. If they stick an LCP slide on that wide body, I'll be on it like a fat kid on cake.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The link below compares the LCP II Max to a Glock 42:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...x-vs-glock-g42

The Ruger compares vary favorably, although the thickness dimension for the Ruger is for the slide only. It is advertised as being less than an inch thick, but I suspect it is slightly thicker than the G42.
    I like the G42. But Ruger understands the utility of a non square shape to the slide and rear sights fo facilitate pocket draws. I give the utility as a pocket gun award to Ruger. But I don’t trust it to run without testing.

First one showed up at the LGS and sold within an hour of arrival. If ten had arrived, all ten would have sold. Ruger will sell lots of these locally. That being said, I am not in the market as the LCP Max does not fill a need for me.

I have a first generation LCP, and shooting it is a lot like beating my head against the wall - it feels good when I stop. I shoot my G42 so much better, and it’s more comfortable which leads to better accuracy and speed on followup shots.

Are the later Ruger LCP2s better in this regard? I’m wondering if the Max will be as shootable as the 42.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List