Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Model 10-7...

S&W Model 10-7...

Last night, for no particular reason, I was perusing the Collector's Firearms "New Arrivals" selections...

One of the new listings posted sometime yesterday was a mint S&W Model 10-7/4" listed at $599.99.

That seemed a reasonable price, especially given what's been going on for the past year or so.
    And with Sleepy-Joe's announcement yesterday, the market's likely about to get even more wonky.
    Decided to sleep on it and if it was still available this morning, would go ahead and get it.

Much to my surprise, it was still available this morning.

I forgot Collector's removes the listing once sold and did not save the excellent high-res photos.

*added the photo from the order page on Collector's websight.

Name:  S&W 10-7.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  6.0 KB
    Last edited by tango-papa; 03-24-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Last night, for no particular reason, I was perusing the Collector's Firearms "New Arrivals" selections...

One of the new listings posted sometime yesterday was a mint S&W Model 10-7/4" listed at $599.99.

That seemed a reasonable price, especially given what's been going on for the past year or so.
    And with Sleepy-Joe's announcement yesterday, the market's likely about to get even more wonky.
    Decided to sleep on it and if it was still available this morning, would go ahead and get it.

Much to my surprise, it was still available this morning.

I forgot Collector's removes the listing once sold and did not save the excellent high-res photos.

*added the photo from the order page on Collector's websight.

Name:  S&W 10-7.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  6.0 KB
    Nice. I've had one of those in similar condition, sans original grips, for about 16 years now. I seldom shoot it, mainly because I have plenty others to shoot, but it's too much of a classic to sell or trade.

I paid $200 for mine (this back when model 10s routinely went for $150-$250).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Nice. I've had one of those in similar condition, sans original grips, for about 16 years now. I seldom shoot it, mainly because I have plenty others to shoot, but it's too much of a classic to sell or trade.

I paid $200 for mine (this back when model 10s routinely went for $150-$250).

Chris
    Thanks, looking forward to getting it in hand.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda bought a dozen back in the day at those prices, eh?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Thanks, looking forward to getting it in hand.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda bought a dozen back in the day at those prices, eh?
    You'll like it. It's a fine example of the classic revolver. They're sweet shooters with 147gr wadcutters and 158gr SWCs.

And yes, I wish I bought a basket of these back in the day.

Chris

Emailed Collectors about the possibility of getting the listing photos of the 10-7.

They now have an "Archives" option you can search/access if you have the item number.

High-res photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    Wow! That really is in nice condition! Looks like you got a nice piece for the money.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful! Now you get to add the holster wear and turn ring.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice score!

I’ve done a bit of business with them. Not a lot. They do seem like good people tho.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Wow! That really is in nice condition! Looks like you got a nice piece for the money.
    Thanks and agreed ref. the condition.
    After looking closely at the high-res. photos last night and then deciding to let it sit until morning, I was quite surprised it was still available.
    I'm not really up to speed on Model 10 pricing, but know enough about pre-1982 S&W's that I needed to go ahead and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Beautiful! Now you get to add the holster wear and turn ring.
    And I fully intend to do just that - started looking at holster options tonight.
    Add a grip adapter, speed loaders and a few pouches and I'll be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice score!

I’ve done a bit of business with them. Not a lot. They do seem like good people tho.
    Thanks - looking forward to having it.
    I spent a bit of time and a few dollars at Collectors when I lived in Houston and always enjoyed visiting with the folks at the shop.

Good looking gun. I love how these handle. I regreat not buying a dozen back when they were $2-300.

What kind of holster are you looking for?

User Tag List