Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wound ballistics for 5.7 vs 9mm FMJ?

Wound ballistics for 5.7 vs 9mm FMJ?

I had heard that 5.7 isn't considered very effective, and was wondering if that was just compared to JHP, or all types of handgun bullets?

Would 5.7 make a better military round than 9mm FMJ?

Couldn't search for "5.7". Thanks.

I assume you saw this thread already: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....7-mm-HK-4-6-mm

You can easily use Google to search for the forum. Like this:

You can use that for any site, really, just put into the Google search field "topic to search site:website url". Handy for getting past the whole search restriction due to time thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I assume you saw this thread already: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....7-mm-HK-4-6-mm

You can easily use Google to search for the forum. Like this:

You can use that for any site, really, just put into the Google search field "topic to search site:website url". Handy for getting past the whole search restriction due to time thing.
    That thread has everything you need to know about the performance of the 5.7 / 4.6 mm.

AS noted by Doc GKR two large metro SWAT teams, Jacksonville FL and San Antonio, TX adopted and then abandoned the P90 SMG after poor results in actual shootings.

Which one do you think is more effective?

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Which one do you think is more effective?

Uh, is this a trick question? :-)

Only if you are the type of person who believes that it is OK to have classified emails on an unsecured server in a bathroom...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Recently, tsx rounds have made it somewhat viable, imo

Site Supporter
    Wasn't the whole idea of the round was for the IT guys in Luxembourg to have something to shoot through Soviet Special Forces paratroopers body armor as the Red Army itself came through the Fulda gap? Red Dawn in San Antonio - that's why the SAPD had them? SAPD also did the 41 mag for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Only if you are the type of person who believes that it is OK to have classified emails on an unsecured server in a bathroom...
    ...isn't that where you keep your classified emails?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Recently, tsx rounds have made it somewhat viable, imo
    What's the 411 regarding the tsx rounds for 5.7, any commercial loads available? I have a buddy that's a new shooter and I think he fell prey to the gunshop commandos and bought the 5.7 pistol AND carbine. I tried to gently suggest that the round is not optimal due to it failing vetted testing protocols, and I've referred him to Doc Roberts' description of the round's performance but I don't think he bothered to read it. Anyway is there any reason I should recommend a TSX load to my slightly misguided friend? He doesn't reload by the way.

User Tag List