Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Glock trigger manipulation with sights in motion

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I found one... With a Beretta, none-the-less!

Colloquially known as a "Munden Whip" (Bob Munden) Benico did a poor job executing that one.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Mr. Vogel..

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    A lot of people claim to do a lot of things and when they're deliberately performing it (whatever "it" is) as a demonstration, they can do it on demand. Otherwise, it ain't usually happening like they would like to think.

As noted by P.E. Kelley, video tells the tale.
    I agree. I just used the slow motion video I took, ran it through the slow motion filter in i-movie, and slowed it down as much as I could. It showed some interesting things. My second shot in that video was a .16 split and the gun recoiled and was fully back into battery in what looked like less than half that time. I’m not sure it’s physically possible to reset the trigger finger so fast that the slide is still in motion while doing it? It does show that I am resetting the trigger just after the slide goes back into battery, but if you had asked me, I would tell you that I am “trying” to reset the trigger under recoil.

There is a recent video on YouTube of Max Michelle where he does not reset the trigger until the slide is almost fully back into battery with a full open gun. I think like you posted, what folks think they do, and what they actually do are a little different. Link below:

https://www.facebook.com/maxmichel.u...5040243842191/
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 08-08-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I will have to dig around for some slow motion video, but I don't think anyone is resetting the trigger during muzzle lift.
    Agreed. Here's a link to an Instagram video that Mr. Langdon recorded, of himself, where he stresses the importance of resetting the trigger. He explicitly notes that he cannot reset the trigger while the muzzle is lifting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcLPtBaF..._web_copy_link
    Last edited by gomerpyle; 08-08-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    Agreed. Here's a link to an Instagram video that Mr. Langdon recorded, of himself, where he stresses the importance of resetting the trigger. He explicitly notes that he cannot reset the trigger while the muzzle is lifting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcLPtBaF..._web_copy_link
    Perfect, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Perfect, thank you!
    The other thing I found interesting in this video is how his muzzle never goes below line of sight during recoil recovery. Whereas I see that commonly when less skilled mere mortals shoot. The muzzles go up, then dip down, then back up to sight re-alignment. I've noticed this in Larry Vickers' slo-mo videos as well.
    Last edited by Redhat; 08-09-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    The other thing I found interesting in this video is how his muzzle never goes below line of sight during recoil recovery. Whereas I see that commonly when less skilled mere mortals shoot. The muzzles go up, then dip down, then back up to sight re-alignment. I've noticed this in Larry Vickers' slo-mo videos as well.
    Great observation. I wonder how much of that phenomenon is shooter skill, and how much is recoil spring weight tuning. I don't know the answer - but I know recoil spring weight affects that.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Great observation. I wonder how much of that phenomenon is shooter skill, and how much is recoil spring weight tuning. I don't know the answer - but I know recoil spring weight affects that.
    Yeah I agree it can but LAV seems to do it with every pistol he demos in his vids. I haven't seen EL shoot much slo-mo video but I suspect it would be the same with him. Now to figure out the "how"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I was able to upload the ultra slow motion video of the Gen 5 under recoil. Stock recoil spring, no mods, except sights and a little grip tape. The muzzle doesn’t dip below horizontal.

The ultra slow motion video is interesting and it shows exactly what I am doing to disturbed the gun when working the trigger fairly fast. In this case I think a bit more visual patience is really what I need to work on, coupled with snapping vision from target to target and harder focus on the front sight. I need to take some video of my eyes when doing the same drill, I think it would be fairly interesting, but I probably make funny faces when I shoot.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I have been working on smiling when shooting, but so far I keep forgetting to do so. Do you move the gun to the target, stop and then break the shot, or do you coordinate the trigger and moving, so the shot breaks as soon as you reach the target? I am working on the second approach. Here is a very short video showing how I work the trigger between targets.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List